Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
From what I saw this kid reminds me of Shorty running out of the backline and kicking it 60 m more. I like what I see.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I don't know, at that time if they made me watch that I would have said next please, really can't see it.
I'll give them the out, he was a rookie pick 29 so was a pick and hope pick so they could get away with it..

But it was the time they were drafting athlete's first and footballers second and that was putting in a bad situation. At least last year's and this years picks can kick footballs straight the majority of the time which is what I want to see.

If this guy has half the career George has had thus far he (and us) would be rapt.

Was an inspired pick. One of the big rookie draft success stories.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Kaleb Smith made Sheehan’s top 40
Here is his bio

State: Western Australia

State League Club: East Fremantle

Community Club: Melville

Date of Birth: 20/11/04; Height: 180cm; Weight: 77kg

Versatile and powerful player who shared his football talent between Wesley College and East Fremantle. Excelled in the WAFL under-18s competition, averaging 22 disposals (nine contested) in six matches. Is strong overhead for his size and very quick, with the ability to break the lines. Also a state-level junior cricketer, he was extremely impressive at Draft Combine testing. His time of 2.88 seconds for the 20m sprint ranked third overall for all State Draft Combine participants, while his 8.05 seconds in the agility test ranked fourth and confirmed his elite acceleration.

Weapon: Elite speed and agility

AFL player comparison: Adam Saad (Carlton)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Ok. So. Watched the vids.
I know senior AFL is a step up yadda yadda. But Smith's straight line agility is off the charts. Sidestep from the gods. Will make a lot of players look lead footed.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I love the bloke in the background who says something like "I'm all Richmond now" or "I'm a Tiger now".
Same voice says "oh were from Tigerland" I think. Stirring stuff
Even better if he/family weren't Tiger supporters. Just shows how GREAT WE STILL ARE!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
Loved the emotion and excitement shown by family and friends. Looks to have resonable hair too ..... All the best to the young Richmond man.

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I love the bloke in the background who says something like "I'm all Richmond now" or "I'm a Tiger now".
Same voice says "oh were from Tigerland" I think. Stirring stuff

Looking at the guys age, could be Kalebs dad. He just kept saying "thats awesome" too.

They seem genuinely pleased he has been picked up by us which is great.

I wonder what the AFL tells the families though about recording this. Do they just have an ongoing recording and ask them to gather round before every pick?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If we've learned anything about our small late picks it's that aren't normally played in the roles that they did as a junior. We changed George, Short, Baker.

Reactions: 3 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Those vids are a joy to watch. Imagine the investment and sacrifice of the young lad and family to that point. Getting your name called as vindication would be massive. I’m cutting onions here. Proud of both our new recruits.

Reactions: 11 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If we've learned anything about our small late picks it's that aren't normally played in the roles that they did as a junior. We changed George, Short, Baker.
Yeah, I think this kid could be a forward. Or a winger.

Reactions: 1 user