Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Placed on the inactive list with navicular bone stress so will miss the year.:oops:
Apparently the injury happened back in February.
I thought he had an ankle injury? The dreaded navicular is a far bigger concern.
First I've heard them say that. Telling that the news came from Blair Hartley..

I think he's gone back to WA with his family. What a change of mood compared to that family video when he was chosen by us. Let's hope he recovers well for next season.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Placed on the inactive list with navicular bone stress so will miss the year.:oops:
I thought he had an ankle injury? The dreaded navicular is a far bigger concern.

Poor bugger, even the below rules do not apply, stagnation in recovery and no end in sight :(

Return to Play

All tarsal navicular stress fractures are considered high-risk because non-healing stress fractures are common with either conservative or surgical treatments, due to the poor blood supply to the bone. Return to play can take several weeks and even months with either type of treatment. Determined by the degree of injury, return to play after tarsal navicular stress fractures is typically a minimum of 12 weeks, and can be longer. These injuries require a slow and gradual return to sports that is closely monitored by your doctor.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Far better to take the conservative approach on this injury and give it time to heal all ready for next season. Tough on the kid right now but better for his future

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Thats the injury I was worried about either a navicular or a lisfranc, they kept reporting ankle of recent times.

Naviculars are far from ideal thats 23 done for the lad on ice he needs to go.

Can he go on the long term injury list and get us another pick, cos it looks like Tarrantr aint gonna pull the pin at this stage (why i dont know).

Notorious to get right.

Last edited:

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Thats the injury I was worried about either a navicular or a les franc, they kept reporting ankle of recent times.

Naviculars are far from ideal thats 23 done for the lad on ice he needs to go.

Can he go on the long term injury list and get us another pick, cos it looks like Tarrantr aint gonna pull the pin at this stage (why i dont know).

Notorious to get right.

They've already sorted it Craigo. He's on the inactive list which gets us an extra MSD pick

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We need to be very careful with this injury. Jimmy Hird missed a lot of footy over a couple of years with the same injury, I think he had to go overseas to get it sorted. Might've gone to get it......jabbed.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
There has been a lot of discussion around getting Dan Rioli up the ground but who replaces him.

It’s this kid. Didn’t play last year because of injury but if he can get a good run at it he could be the surprise packet.

Quick and good in the air.

Reactions: 2 users