Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
With 5 mins or so on the clock to make each pick, it's enough time for a club person in that room to put in a phone call to a family member and say 'get the video rolling'

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
With 5 mins or so on the clock to make each pick, it's enough time for a club person in that room to put in a phone call to a family member and say 'get the video rolling'
It could be on delay. The pick is selected as normal.
Then there is a minute for an Afl marketing dude to call the family

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It could be on delay. The pick is selected as normal.
Then there is a minute for an Afl marketing dude to call the family
Nup. Club would word up the player. Text him a few picks earlier: "Mate, if you're there at 55 you're a Tiger."

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Nup. Club would word up the player. Text him a few picks earlier: "Mate, if you're there at 55 you're a Tiger."

True with the later picks, but not sure with the earlier picks. Clubs tend to have too much to do during the early draft picks especially if a player slides or the preceding picks don't go according to projection.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
True with the later picks, but not sure with the earlier picks. Clubs tend to have too much to do during the early draft picks especially if a player slides or the preceding picks don't go according to projection.
Yeah but the early kids know they're getting picked and are waiting on every selection.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Might be onto something there Spooker!

I think its the Steely Green reaction vid that one of the lads with him can be heard to say "here wee go" just before he is selected.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Might be onto something there Spooker!

I think its the Steely Green reaction vid that one of the lads with him can be heard to say "here wee go" just before he is selected.
Yeah but that same kid said it 36 times before Steely was picked

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I hope his legs grow longer. They’re lil stumps
Nah. There's been a few serious footballers had the dreaded stumpy legs n long torso, seems to give them some real lower body strength n balance.
Obviously Duck Carey n the Masodonian Marvel were standouts.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Or is it showbusiness?
The screening of picks are delayed, while messages are sent to families to turn the cameras on.
This gives every draftee a video moment, without having the camera running for the entire draft
Wouldn't surprise me. The footage of the player's family/friends continued to roll on despite each player turning their recording off once their conversations ended

• Wow

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Interesting to see the WAFL stats of Green vs Hewett. I know stat’s aren’t everything but if Hewett is as good as what some good judges think, Green stacks up pretty well for a pick 55.

Reactions: 5 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Well I still can’t play the piano, but after a few beers and couple of bottles of red I can speak languages foreign to many.
Does that qualify?
Is this what they call the language of love?

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Loved the interview, Steely is just like Bakes, a deadset, salt of the earth country boy.

Reactions: 1 users