Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Is he the replacement for the injured Short on Friday night? How much longer can Dimma resist having the Fabulous Baker Boys playing together in his team?

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Is he the replacement for the injured Short on Friday night? How much longer can Dimma resist having the Fabulous Baker Boys playing together in his team?
Can't see it happening TOT.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Steely might have been a sneaky chance given our extensive list of outs, but not playing ressies R1 has cost him.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Could get an early taste with a run as a small forward the way our forward line is misfiring there are likely going to opporunities given.
Doubt he’d come in as a small forward if he was to come in soon Daniel Craig.

Been playing hbf, taking kick outs and some time on the ball. Not small forward as such.

Probably not ready yet but he’s my boy. Watch him go.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
At his size, he’s really going to have to offer something special, which I’m not seeing yet. Is he as prolific as Liam Baker or scrappy like Mansell?
Obviously too early to tell but yesterday looked a bit scrappy.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
At his size, he’s really going to have to offer something special, which I’m not seeing yet. Is he as prolific as Liam Baker or scrappy like Mansell?
Obviously too early to tell but yesterday looked a bit scrappy.
You don’t take the kick outs from full back being scrappy. That’s an indication from the coaching staff that you’re pretty decent by foot and have at least some form of quality to your execution. Some elite, high pressure handballs yesterday as well.

Will win 4 Brownlows.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Steely looks to be as game as Ned Kelly, just like Bakes. They are both Jack Russell's, but think they're Rottweilers.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
You don’t take the kick outs from full back being scrappy. That’s an indication from the coaching staff that you’re pretty decent by foot and have at least some form of quality to your execution. Some elite, high pressure handballs yesterday as well.

Will win 4 Brownlows.
I'm not so interested in Brownlows Reddy but can he win 4 Norm Smiths. That is the benchmark

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Was it Greene or Campbell that started the last quarter on ball? Whoever it was, they showed something.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Will win 4 Brownlows.
Ralphsmith takes some in the ones. That's an indication from the coaching staff that they dgaf.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Was it Greene or Campbell that started the last quarter on ball? Whoever it was, they showed something.
Green.

People keep getting the two mixed up which is understandable given their physical similarities.

Green is 48. Seth is 44.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ralphsmith takes some in the ones. That's an indication from the coaching staff that they dgaf.
That’s because he’s only competing with Grimes, Young and Broad and the like and when we often (not always) need Daniel out towards the 50. Vlastuin takes quite a few of them which is a decent enough choice. Short takes a bunch. We definitely concentrate our kick ins towards certain individuals ie Vlastuin, Short, Rioli. As we should.

Unless you’re saying we don’t quarantine them enough (ie being critical of the club), then thinking us (or other AFL coaches) don’t give a rats about who kicks out would be silly. We do, and guys like Ross Lyon wouldn’t have players like Wanganeen Milera and Sinclair taking most of the Saints kick outs or Scott with Touohy at Geelong either. Countless other examples.

Last edited:

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Steely Green (13 disposals, six tackles, three marks)

"He's a really exciting player. He's got incredible upside and is only relatively new to the game. You can see his decision making and ball use is second to none, he sees things that others can't. He really offered us something when he went into the midfield in the second half."

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully Steely can Do It Again this week.
I like the Baker comparisons but with more midfield nouse, Redders.

Along with Cumberland, Jud and Sonz, he might bring more of what the side needs to help bring some spark as the season winds its way along.