Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I still think his the best genuine small forward of all the mosquito fleet, that’s not saying his the best player just think his best at the classic small forward role, skills are well above George, Butler and Bolton

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
Swap 2nd rounder and him for Bradshaw (bradshaw out of contract)

Hes also a couple of heavy head knocks from forced retirement.

I'd be keeping Tyson for now, especially as Shai as yet is no certainty to be at the RFC in 2019.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Stengle is a classy footballer typical of what has been exhibited by many Aboriginal lads that great awareness and vision, that gives him poise on the field.

If he had a tad more speed and a bigger tank he'd most likely already be a Premiership player at the RFC.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's impossible not to like Wombo as a footballer (or, I imagine, a fella). It does tell us something though that Higlet has been preferred and shown more at the level than Tyson did last year.

He is a ripping VFL footballer at 20 years of age, and has a B&F in his future at that level.

But AFL is a different beast. Everyone is bigger and stronger (he's only been tackled successfully three times in 30 VFL games), and more unfortunately for him, runs harder and faster. If he can get to an AFL standard of running, either in terms of repeat pressure sprinting as a forward, or continual hard running as a mid, he will make it. Football-wise, he's got it. Athletically, he's up against it. And I don't think he's quite the Betts-level genuis to compensate.

We've seen it with Miles and Lloyd. Bloody good footballers, athletically challenged at the top level. (It has always been thus; contrary to popular belief, superior footballers starring in lower leagues while superior athletes play 150 top-flight games is not a new phenomenon. )

He could get a game in a lesser side. But he doesn't currently fit our system. That may change as our dynamics and personnel change. But I won't be surprised if he's somewhere else next year. If we can get value it will be good business too.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
spook said:
It's impossible not to like Wombo as a footballer (or, I imagine, a fella). It does tell us something though that Higlet has been preferred and shown more at the level than Tyson did last year.

He is a ripping VFL footballer at 20 years of age, and has a B&F in his future at that level.

But AFL is a different beast. Everyone is bigger and stronger (he's only been tackled successfully three times in 30 VFL games), and more unfortunately for him, runs harder and faster. If he can get to an AFL standard of running, either in terms of repeat pressure sprinting as a forward, or continual hard running as a mid, he will make it. Football-wise, he's got it. Athletically, he's up against it. And I don't think he's quite the Betts-level genuis to compensate.

We've seen it with Miles and Lloyd. Bloody good footballers, athletically challenged at the top level. (It has always been thus; contrary to popular belief, superior footballers starring in lower leagues while superior athletes play 150 top-flight games is not a new phenomenon. )

He could get a game in a lesser side. But he doesn't currently fit our system. That may change as our dynamics and personnel change. But I won't be surprised if he's somewhere else next year. If we can get value it will be good business too.
Isn't he a rookie, spook? Would we get anything at all for him?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The knock is a lack of pace, i don't think it's too bad especially over the first 5 metres.

I thought he showed a bit of pace kicking the first goal in the first highlight reel and then when making a couple of tackles.

His pace looked to be good when running away from the defender to mark in the pocket in the second highlight reel.

I hope he gets a game against the Saints, he has got enough AFL characteristics to be a good player imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=rEUB0Ze33IY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7O_hIwAVhQ

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Dimma didn’t sound too positive about him getting a game :( stupid us if we let him go at the end of the year without giving him a senior game after 24 and 6 and 5 assists. He’s ticking all the boxes PLAY HIM!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Stiff to not come in for Bolton. Not sure what message picking K-Mac sends. Hasn’t strung together multiple weeks of strong form.

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Very stiff, should of been included this week, been very consistent at VFL level; with Butler out and Bolton dropped, surely he should of been given a chance. Obviously it's for team structure.