Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Your inserted words in blue is not something that RFC would ever use in a press release but it certainly would have been discussed with him many times during his time at Tigerland.
I know, but Dimma does speak more realistic (in a collective way) nowadays in the presser. No need to go on about it, just thought the line made in public sounded a bit over the top.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Doubt we would've said anything to that extreme. Just saying, maybe add some more realistic words in Menadue not been able to succeed such as: “His work ethic on the training track and his professionalism is second to none, however, there were some areas he need to improve on"

Nothing big, but if I saw/heard that line on my exiting, I'd question it with "what did I do wrong then?"

Then again, we're just reading articles and who knows how many times they're edited.

It's the club's public thank you note to the player for their years of service. They are not going to write that, what would be the point?

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's the club's public thank you note to the player for their years of service. They are not going to write that, what would be the point?
Yeah OK. I reckon he'll get picked up by some team in the draft.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Any sort of managed statement requires you to see what's not said, rather than just what's said, to get the full picture.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Agree. No point. It's all about being ethical and courteous with a departing player. What is the benefit of critiquing them in public? Thanking them for their efforts and highlight their strengths is the best way to move forward in these situations.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He may succeed in another team, similar to how Lloyd has done ok at the Dogs.

Don't know about that he couldn't succeed at the best team in the comp when he was given plenty of opportunities to do so even this season with all the injuries he still couldn't impact.

He might get more games easily at a *smile* club but that doesn't necessarily mean he's succeeded.

At AFL level Connor looked to be more of a reactive player that would often trail his opponent, and the play rather than instigate the play or make the play using his best asset which was his pace, and long kicking.

The RFC system revolves around proactive footy and hitting the space hard, hitting the contest and the opposition and the loose ball hard, running hard, its all proactive footy even in defensive mode, making things happen forcing the footy.

Connor never really looked like it when it came to doing that, he showed the odd glimpse then wouldnt do it again, he never really progressed at AFL level regardless of how he went in the VFL.

VFL is probably the kids level and thats ok.

Good luck to him if he gets another shot at it elsewhere maybe he will take his opportunity and extend his career good luck to the lad.

Last edited:

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Surprised and disappointed for Menadue.
Was sure a developing squad would want him.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Massively overrated on here. Didn't show enough while at the club, got ample opportunity.

Good luck to him, go back to the VFL and prove everyone wrong.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surprised at just how underrated some of our squad are. You'd think a player with elite speed and disposal who managed to be on the fringe of the team that's dominated the AFL for the last 3 years would be worthy of a cellar dwellers PSD or rookie pick

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Gobsmacked. The Suns redraft Schoenfeld with pick 1 in the rookie draft, a bloke who has never shown anything. Menadue is 10 times the footballer. They deserve to fail.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Gobsmacked. The Suns redraft Schoenfeld with pick 1 in the rookie draft, a bloke who has never shown anything. Menadue is 10 times the footballer. They deserve to fail.

Stats are very similar at AFL level. If anything Schoenfeld slightly ahead. Probably would have let Schoenfeld go to but he's only played 15 games so possibly giving him just one more chance.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Surprised at just how underrated some of our squad are. You'd think a player with elite speed and disposal who managed to be on the fringe of the team that's dominated the AFL for the last 3 years would be worthy of a cellar dwellers PSD or rookie pick

yeh but every chance he got he was horrible except the port game when he was just forgettable

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
yeh but every chance he got he was horrible except the port game when he was just forgettable
*smile*. He was on the fringe of easily the best side. Ergo a walk up start for half the sides in the comp. They still don't get it/us.