Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just 2 score involvements. Only Garthwaite had less. I just don't see what he brings. A player like him with speed needs to be breaking the lines and creating opportunities. He has no defence, is too light, so what does he give? I can't say.

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
papers are stamped in my opinion ! he offers nothing offensively and is as soft as better !

there were 3 separate occasions where he either pulled out of the contest or I did not wont to make body contact !

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
unless our injury situation worsens (which seems highly improbable with the players returning from injury in 2nd half of this year) last night was surely his last game for the club

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What's his best position? I think it's on the wing.
On face value he has been disappointing when he plays AFL, but i think that he has never been settled into a position, and when he has been promoted he plays a different role to what he'd been playing in the VFL.
I'd be ok if he came in for Ellis in the Preliminary Final.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The bulldogs should drop plans on recruiting the old soft Kok smith from hawthorn and go after menadue.
20 years younger. A much better kick, faster, better looking.
There 3rd rounder will do.
Plus they owe us for Lloyd.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It’s an awkward one , despite not being good enough for our afl team at full strength , is good in the vfl team, and handy as a depth player when an injury crisis strikes ,

As long as these types aren’t breaking the bank , they serve a purpose

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It’s an awkward one , despite not being good enough for our afl team at full strength , is good in the vfl team, and handy as a depth player when an injury crisis strikes ,

As long as these types aren’t breaking the bank , they serve a purpose

He is good enough for AFL, but not in our team that relies on pressure and defence. He would fit nicely at stkilda.
The sad tail is if he was drafted by GC, Freo, Stkilda, or even Essendon he could’ve had 100 games to his name.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
What's his best position? I think it's on the wing.
On face value he has been disappointing when he plays AFL, but i think that he has never been settled into a position, and when he has been promoted he plays a different role to what he'd been playing in the VFL.
I'd be ok if he came in for Ellis in the Preliminary Final.

Sorry but just can’t have that. He simply hasn’t done enough at senior level to consider a late call up like this.
KMac would be a possibility for the reason that he has performed at the top level (although not recently) - but not Menadue.
But Brando might well be safe for now
The devil you know and all that.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Sorry but just can’t have that. He simply hasn’t done enough at senior level to consider a late call up like this.
KMac would be a possibility for the reason that he has performed at the top level (although not recently) - but not Menadue.
But Brando might well be safe for now
The devil you know and all that.
It's hard to argue with that.
I'm not a regular knocker of Brando, but he has been very poor the last couple of games and on form should be on very shaky ground.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I reckon he,ll move on.

On the surface he’s got the goods to be a reasonable AFL player but it just hasn’t worked out.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Been quality at VFL level n was bloody good in yesterday's prelim. Can play well enough to replace Bobble when he takes his Godfather offer at seasons end, has enough experience and maturity to slot straight in. Simply needs the mind set to own the opportunity instead of hovering around the fringe of maybe.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Yesterday’s match was high pressure. A contest between skilful, fast and relatively undeveloped bodies and strong and hardened bodies.
Menadue was physically targeted as you would expect but played a great game throughout.
Similarly against Essendon the previous week, another great effort in a high stakes game.
He seems perfectly suited to the wing and is pretty experienced. We will likely be without
Ellis, McIntosh and Grigg next year.
Keep.

Reactions: 1 users