Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dan was just a bit off again yesterday with a lot of what he did. He’s playing ok but is ok enough to keep you in this 22? Vulnerable IMO.
I think the wheels are starting to turn in the right direction, dosent look as propy as he was, starting to hit the scoreboard and stick tackles a bit more, fingers crossed

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Dan was just a bit off again yesterday with a lot of what he did. He’s playing ok but is ok enough to keep you in this 22? Vulnerable IMO.

Agree. still not doing enough imo. I'm starting to wonder, is this as good as he gets? He's just a small forward who bobs up for the occasional 3-4 goals? We all love to remember him kicking 4 in the 2017 prelim and 3 in last years QF, but ignore he kicked a combined total of 1 point for the Geelong QF, 2017 GF & 2018 COL Prelim games.

This was his big knock pre-draft. He floated in and out for games at a time. Frustrating to see how Castagna keeps himself involved by comparison.

I think I keep expecting him to return to some mythical consistent form that he's never actually displayed.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
ive been harsh on him all year but thought yesterday he was more involved in play, part of scoring chains and in a few cases he was on the scene when goals were being raffled amongst the small blokes. Still not a lock but much better than his average effort this season.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was shown up yesterday by stack bolton and Eggy.
Needs to pull his finger out because he starting to be lazy around the ball.
Not like the Rioli of 2017

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Seems to have lost that X factor magic that he had with the football in his hands ,
Become far more predictable and less dangerous to the opposition,
Hopefully it’s just a temporary thing

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Move him back into Dimma's until the end of the campaign I reckon and get Mrs Hardwick to get him sorted out

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looked to be moving a bit better yesterday, had a bit of his pace back. Hopefully his body is feeling ok now after a couple of big hits earlier in the season.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I love Rioli but His form has been underwhelming and I reckon he is still on thin ice holding a spot.

Baker is breathing down his neck - he also has the ability to roll through the midfield which might be a crucial factor going forward.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Pump him up... my little one is going to Riolis rookies (Auskick) on Tuesday and I've been telling him he's going good!... can't have you ruin my charade!

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
i’ve said once and twice and maybe thrice... it’s the fevola.

Would Fevola's advice to Rioli be:

>You only get one crack at it, so go as hard as you can and leave nothing on the table?
>It's a business, look after yourself, stay injury free and have as long a career as possible?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Why is he living at the Fevolas anyway? Surely he can afford his own place. Last place I'd want to live at is with the inlaws.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not saying Rioli should be out of the team, but i'll go he if Liam baker doesn't deserve to be in the team ahead of Rioli.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Better game tonight , got up the ground a little bit & on the wide spaces of the g not a bad thing where he can use his pace

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Been pretty average but I thought his pressure tonight was nearing his 2017 output. Don't care that much about the goals as long as he brings that relentless pressure.

Reactions: 1 users