Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Glad that others are seeing things I Am not.
Thought he was getting back to required level but has dropped away again.
Decision making need a tune up.
Needs to get a hair band.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Needs to get a hair band.
Haaarrgh. Used to *smile* me years ago when Weiner n Cho had the hair happening n were constantly tucking it back just as Daniel is doing. Apart from the hair bit I reckon he's had a fairly good game. Plenty of pressure n intensity around the contests, just needs that little snippet of class or arse to click for him n he'll poke a hole or two in a game.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The time out on his set shot just shouldn't have happened.

You mean he should have hurried up?
We were watching the clock at the time and saying he’d better start moving in - but he waited and waited.
It looked the correct call by the ump.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We were watching the clock at the time and saying he’d better start moving in - but he waited and waited.

He had a chuckle with hodge about it and then looked really confused.
Had no idea about the clock

B

Bill James

Has never got a lot of ball but now struggles to make decisions with ball in hand. Also is clearly playing higher up the ground now.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I don't see the improvement others are seeing. Fumbly, loses the 1 on 1s. Just isn't the explosive player and defensive dynamo I was expecting in his early days. He had just 8 effective disposals, his pressure act points are well below what you'd expect (28, Castagna 38, Reiwoldt 29, Lynch 16, Bolton 23). Small forwards is probably the place we're not quite up to scratch atm but realistically who do we currently have to put pressure on them?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Yes that was so weird. Umpire gave him all the necessary warnings and he still stood there like s stone mullet. I really don't know what he was thinking. Umpire had no choice but to call play on.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
A few almost moments & apart from a brain fade (who gets called to play on with a set shot 30 out) should have kicked 2. Both he & Bolton are playing difficult roles but need to make the most of their chances.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Brisbane was basically a final and he was average again. I have my fingers crossed like everyone else that he does flick the switch for finals but his averages over the last 3 weeks are well down. 1 goal in 3 weeks, 3 in 7 not really cutting it. Won't be dropped so repay the faith Daniel, it's time to step up.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Brisbane was basically a final and he was average again. I have my fingers crossed like everyone else that he does flick the switch for finals but his averages over the last 3 weeks are well down. 1 goal in 3 weeks, 3 in 7 not really cutting it. Won't be dropped so repay the faith Daniel, it's time to step up.

He was far better than Bolton.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's close to having a big influence. More involved, just needs a bit of good fortune to help his confidence. Not lacking for effort, he will have a big impact this finals series.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He was far better than Bolton.

Far better a bit of an exaggeration. Marginal better yes. Bolton did have a poor game possibly his worst this year but he's at least trying to take the game on and make things happen. That's what Rioli needs to do, get some confidence back because he's just a shadow of himself atm.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
He's close to having a big influence. More involved, just needs a bit of good fortune to help his confidence. Not lacking for effort, he will have a big impact this finals series.
agreed. played much better, had alot of run, chased, gave two goals away and kicked one.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
see the stat on on the couch last week? His output goes up over 90% in finals, doubles! Highest in the league for that stat.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he was pretty average overall. 2 disposals to half time 7 for the game. Defensively he was ok with 6 tackles and redeemed himself with a couple of good goals. I thought last quarter was typical of Rioli's lack of confidence. Was running into 50, could have kept going and bouncing instead he tried a high kick over the top to another player which didn't come off. Had exactly the same scenario a few minutes later and did the right thing taking it on and bouncing and slotting it. Think he did just enough to keep his spot. When he hurt his ankle in the last wasn't sure why they strapped it and got him back on in clear discomfort when the game was already won.