Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
His first goal came at just the right time. His running and pressure was great. He was a whisker away from a 3 goal final. Average? I spose if you're a pure stats man you'd rate the lions players higher than ours?

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
His first goal came at just the right time. His running and pressure was great. He was a whisker away from a 3 goal final. Average? I spose if you're a pure stats man you'd rate the lions players higher than ours?

Nothing to do with stats, I am commenting on his output. 1st half a fail, he was non-existent. 2nd half redeemed himself with a couple of great goals so a pass. As I said defensively was a pass, 6 tackles 35 pressure acts. still looks bereft of confidence to me. I'd like nothing more than to see him up the ante in the next final.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Interesting stat mentioned last night - he has the most goals in a final of any Rioli.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Couldn’t care less about his disposal numbers. His go is running, chasing, harassing, pressure and to snag a few goals. Should’ve kicked 3 and could’ve kicked 4. Big tick in these areas last night.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
One of his best games for the year.

The crumb and run into goal was sublime.
Also a small forward that all he has to do. Run, Chase, Tackle.
Kick a few goals.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Slipped over right in front of me twice so I went off me nut. 1 min later he starts jaggin snags.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Interesting stat mentioned last night - he has the most goals in a final of any Rioli.

Correct, 5 Riolis have played:

- Maurice played 2 finals, highest nbr of goals was 3
- Dean played 9 finals, highest was 2
- Cyril played 19 finals, highest was 3
- Daniel played 6 highest was 4
- Willie played 4, highest was 1

Also an interesting stat, 2018 was the first year two Riolis have played finals in the same year (Daniel & Willie)

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Daniel has been a little down this year but I have watched him closely in replays of games and live and if there was a stat for causing players to miss kick or rush kicks because they are being chased and about to be caught then he would be leading it.

His pressure on the opposition backline is incredibly important to us

Reactions: 1 user

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Some great moments today but I thought his tributes to his cuz were in bad taste
They weren't "tributes".
He was just letting family know he was thinking of him and supporting him.
Fair enough too. Everyone makes mistakes.

Willy did something really silly and will pay for it big time.
No need to pile on any more since he's probably ruined his own life.

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
His goal just before QT was sublime and oh-so-needed at the time. His magic wasn't required much after that.

Reactions: 2 users

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
They say Cyril was the best 12-possession player there was. This kid is on the same trajectory.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
They weren't "tributes".
He was just letting family know he was thinking of him and supporting him.
Fair enough too. Everyone makes mistakes.

Willy did something really silly and will pay for it big time.
No need to pile on any more since he's probably ruined his own life.
Yeh I get that and knew I’d get this response but at least twice in and after the game seemed over the top. Willy cheated, it’s serious business. I didn’t like it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yeh I get that and knew I’d get this response but at least twice in and after the game seemed over the top. Willy cheated, it’s serious business. I didn’t like it.
Didn't think it was a drama, simply to let Willie know he was thinking of him. At least it wasn't a hand cuff salute.