• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008
Daniel has had an average year for mine. Flashes of brilliance but overall average. If push came to shove and it was a choice between Dan and George for the lat small forward spot, I'd be leaning towards George at the moment.
Early days into “Stronger and Bolder” and what becomes obvious is Rioli was performing his role exactly as required of him by the coach and the team even when we supporters might have been concerned about his low possession count and there were discussions here about his form.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Early days into “Stronger and Bolder” and what becomes obvious is Rioli was performing his role exactly as required of him by the coach and the team even when we supporters might have been concerned about his low possession count and there were discussions here about his form.
He definitely spooks oppositions players with his tackling and pressure, even if at times he wasn't quite at his best, his reputation puts the wind up them.

I'm sure Sausage would've played sore a fair bit this season, he took a couple of huge hits. I was amazed that he played the next week after one of the collisions, as i was sure he'd have a few busted ribs. They would've have been bruised, and they're just as bad as broken ribs.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got a feeling he’s ready to level up.

Had his best preseason ever I’m hearing, smashed a lot of PB’s.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Just completed the apprenticeship. Age n games experience would suggest he's at the point where he blossoms into the player we can expect to see for the next seven or eight years and already a dual premiership player.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Being out of that relationship will hopefully be good for him.

Looking forward to a better year from Dan this year hopefully he will be able to better focus on his footy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Rioli does the job he is given, and a fair bit of that is run and block space along with run and tackle.

Yes would love to see him get more possessions and goals but he is doing his job.

DS

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

That would be a pleasure to watch. Have never felt he's been able to get the absolute best out of himself yet. Is nearly 23yo now and is certainly in the window to peak.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gun footballer.
Love the way he plays.
He would be in my top 5 of best first rounders.
Cotchin
Martin
Big V
Deledio
Rioli
Patterson ( very unlucky)