Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Needs to stop casting his kicks and handballs. Makes it obvious to the opposition and is a slow play. Rioli just needs to play to his most natural instincts like Shane Edwards does.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Needs to stop casting his kicks and handballs. Makes it obvious to the opposition and is a slow play. Rioli just needs to play to his most natural instincts like Shane Edwards does.

Yep, he was better today than previous weeks. But he killed a few promising moves slowing play down.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Started slow, and by the end of the game was a lot better. Earned another week. Castagna should be feeling nervous.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Has a few points in the bank but has never been a midfield hunter which is what we needed tonight.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yep, he was better today than previous weeks. But he killed a few promising moves slowing play down.

Can‘t tell from TV but if he looks up and there’s absolutely nothing on what is the point of playing on just for the sake of it?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If he keeps missimg tackles

Hes gonna have to change his name

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
How this guy got a game in front of Markov is beyond me. Markov's one game was very serviceable. Rioli hasn't played a good game all year. I don't understand why he continues to be given games when he continues to disappoint. His weight, fitness, speed and form are nowhere near the benchmark he has set himself.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Can‘t tell from TV but if he looks up and there’s absolutely nothing on what is the point of playing on just for the sake of it?

There were a couple of times when there were options. With a risk, but that's the way we play - move forward as quick as possible. How many goals do we score this way? A lot.

I'd still keep him in next week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

9 turnovers. He used to play his best playing on at all costs. He's just devoid of confidence. Was encouraging to see him at least pick up his disposal count though. I really hope it's a bit of a turning point but until he starts taking the game on more, it's not going to change.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Surprised by his lack of effort. Will be surprised if he is back in the team this season, Mrs Hardwick notwithstanding.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Tonight was definitely a step in the right direction, but he still isn't quite right.

A number of his kicks skewed off the side of his boot, i reckon there was about 3 in a row near the end of the 2nd Q.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
9 turnovers. He used to play his best playing on at all costs. He's just devoid of confidence. Was encouraging to see him at least pick up his disposal count though. I really hope it's a bit of a turning point but until he starts taking the game on more, it's not going to change.
Yep.
Marks.Stops. Waits till opposition flood back.
Then kicks a long high ball on top of Lynch’s head, who is now marked by three defenders.
Rinse and repeat.
Wtff?
Should be coached to just play on at all costs.