Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep.
Marks.Stops. Waits till opposition flood back.
Then kicks a long high on top of Lynch’s head, who is now market by three defenders.
Rinse and repeat.Wtff?
Should be coached to just play on at all costs.
Yeah it's like he's playing kick to kick in the school yard. He's completely lost his way this year.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
No player on our list has more apologists for his shortcomings than Dan Rioli. Picked so he could be ready to play the Drean time game seems to be a weird way for a team trying to win another premiership.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Get his cousin in and then delist him.
No urgency and now when he gets 1 of his 6 possessions he turns them over.
What ever water he was drinking over the shut down period has destroyed him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
best game of the year and it was still very ordinary, his never been a big ball winner but all his strengths seem a mile away atm.

Im not sure I’d risk him on the ball atm , bottom line no matter where he plays he has to work harder

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Shocking first half, better second half. We are gifting him more games than Vickery, so hopefully the coaches know best and he comes good.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Better in the second half, but wtf was going on with his kicking? His kicks were going 25m long and 40m high. Bizarre. Its like he has forgotten how to kick the footy.

I think he retains his spot based on his second half.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Looks so devoid of confidence compared to that cheeky fast kid sprinting around in 2017 ,

Shadow of that player

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Good signs with his second most touches for tigers,
We are missing our big pocession players against the very best,guys like
Prestia,nank, Edwards,houli,cotch,all will make a massive difference,just remember we traveled off 4 days interstate to face a best full strength port with no tiger crowd what's so ever,with 6 starting most top 10 players out and got reemed by umps,but we're in front at 3/4 time despite ports 4 goal headstart,we will.improve,they can't improve.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched a bit of his cousin Ben playing for South Fremantle in the WAFL, silky smooth lean back flanker but aged 26 going on 27.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How does a Rioli lose their speed and agility at just 23?

I dont think confidence or desire slow you down or speed you up. I think it can only be one of two things.

1. Injury (groin?)
2. Weight.

He looks more solid, but not to a degree that would slow you down.

I dunno, but its breaking my heart.

A slow Rioli is like a tone deaf Neville.

its not right

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
How does a Rioli lose their speed and agility at just 23?

I dont think confidence or desire slow you down or speed you up. I think it can only be one of two things.

1. Injury (groin?)
2. Weight.

He looks more solid, but not to a degree that would slow you down.

I dunno, but its breaking my heart.

A slow Rioli is like a tone deaf Neville.

its not right
Bust up with Fevola's daughter?
Family issues? - Cousin Willy suspended but no sign of any hearing even being considered. Close family like the Rioli's that's got to have some impact.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bust up with Fevola's daughter?
Family issues? - Cousin Willy suspended but no sign of any hearing even being considered. Close family like the Rioli's that's got to have some impact.

I dont reckon a broken heart slows you down? (I suppose the curative 4000mg of whisky daily might? talking about the standard heart bust, not speculating on Dannys)

brings me back to injury or weight.

footy reductionism

Maybe someone can look at his repeat sprint/ top speed times gps data and debunk it?

But he looks Towner-speed and Andrew Raines-agile to the naked eye.

a Rioli

If im being honest, Im grappling with this horrible, negative thought that Danny was a 5 year gift to us?

it's horrible.

I can't wait for it to pass

Last edited:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It's a bit concerning. He's a different player at the moment. not showing his lightning speed and cat like agility.

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
Since hurting his foot in the 2017 gf he has never been the same. Is always limping, walks onto the ground limping and every time he does something he looks ginger afterwards.

• Sad