Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Made some awful choices with ball in hand in the last quarter.

And got lead to the ball a fair bit.

When the heat was in the last ten minutes he wasn’t great, at all.
Yeh, he had an up and down game. His opponent was one of the oppo's best and whilst he did some great things he played loose and made some poor decisions late.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

He was cooked. He could barely move. Fatigue got to him.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought he played ok, but yeah some nasty turnovers. Ditto Short who turned it over with some wobblers.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Daniel can play tight. But he doesn't get tackle numbers. Because of his utter contempt for the ball winning of anybody else on the park. He just takes it off them.

The way Selwood ran onto that ground ball, routinely lifted it from shin height, and then got a great view of Daniel running away with it. Rioli gave him a huge start and made light work of him on a ground ball in which Selwood was favoured. Did not make physical contact, just operated at a different level.

How many Richmond players can do that? Dion. MoJu?

27 touches. 7 score involvements. Daniel Rioli had a shocker in many ways. Hot game? Hot pressure?

Daniel's nett return was mediocre. Prolific brilliance undone by prolific bungling. But there are two huge indicators here. Prolific brilliance and prolific possessions.

He levelled up. *Oh, but he cost us the game.* A fair point.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

watched the replay. My memory was he was bad in the last Q, but he was much worse. The thought crossed my mind that he had backed Geelong. Obviously he didn't, but the thought actually crossed my mind.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Should now get his contract done. Has shown his value, before Baker gets all the cash.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Rioli is having an AA running HBF game

Reactions: 6 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Hopefully doesn't demand what other teams are offering for his next contract.

If we can get a contract win with Rioli like we did wih Shorty, things like this are a key to sustained success.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Been so good today and that idiot Hudson keeps saying what a good player he’s become. Become? He was already a good player, he’s in the process of becoming great.

Reactions: 3 users

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
Fantastic game today. Fantastic season so far. His run and carry (and most of his disposals) are top notch

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
The most damaging hbf in the league.
Bonafide star.