Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
That dinky little hand ball to dusty in the granny was special.

It was great all round. Rioli waited and waited and when the GWS player moved it was a quick little handball. Martin knew what he was looking to do and he waited and waited then pounced.

Must be a joy to be that connected when playing football.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Agree with all the positive comment about Rioli and this is a minor quibble.
But I do wish he'd cut his hair in such a way that he didn't have to spend so much time brushing back behind his ears.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree with all the positive comment about Rioli and this is a minor quibble.
But I do wish he'd cut his hair in such a way that he didn't have to spend so much time brushing back behind his ears.
Agree. Reminds me of Nick Daffy too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree. Reminds me of Nick Daffy too much.
Daffy Duck, Weiner Campbell n Cho man all had the same *smile* hair going for a few seasons. All three of them spent as much time tucking the hair as playing the game. Used to *smile* me no end, at least most players wear pretty little Alice bands these days to keep the hair nice n neat.

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I think DR is playing a role. Those that say he won't make it as a midfielder could be right that he won't as a full time mid. But he often provides the 2 way runner role, getting back in defense to provide another outlet and/or runner in support? If wingers are part of a midfield group, Rioli's deep running is if he's playing a quasi midfield/wing role anyway.
ATM there's a good mix of midfield rotations. Maybe the MC are happy with his mix of pressure forward and deep running outlet player.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Blasphemy! It actually was a very soft handball. Just dribbled it out of his hand. It happened right in front of me. T was beeauutiffuul!
Yep. Maggots didn't call it a throw, so it musta been a hand ball. Was nearly, almost as good as the one Dusty gave Jaaack.

• Love

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think either Dusty or Jack could believe they got away with that :p

DS
The Dusty n Jaaack show, every Tiger fan just pissin themselves laughin. Bit like the old slap stick of Laurel n Hardy or Abbott n Costello. Numpties in green had no idea wtf was going on.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Daniel has had an average year for mine. Flashes of brilliance but overall average. If push came to shove and it was a choice between Dan and George for the lat small forward spot, I'd be leaning towards George at the moment.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Daniel has had an average year for mine. Flashes of brilliance but overall average. If push came to shove and it was a choice between Dan and George for the lat small forward spot, I'd be leaning towards George at the moment.

Early days into “Stronger and Bolder” and what becomes obvious is Rioli was performing his role exactly as required of him by the coach and the team even when we supporters might have been concerned about his low possession count and there were discussions here about his form.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Early days into “Stronger and Bolder” and what becomes obvious is Rioli was performing his role exactly as required of him by the coach and the team even when we supporters might have been concerned about his low possession count and there were discussions here about his form.

He definitely spooks oppositions players with his tackling and pressure, even if at times he wasn't quite at his best, his reputation puts the wind up them.

I'm sure Sausage would've played sore a fair bit this season, he took a couple of huge hits. I was amazed that he played the next week after one of the collisions, as i was sure he'd have a few busted ribs. They would've have been bruised, and they're just as bad as broken ribs.