Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I am not writing him off yet. He is only 23 so Ill back us in to get him back to his best. Should only be entering his peak from here.

I must say though it has been very sad to see his form drop so dramatically. Looks a shadow of his former self. Same thing was being said about Butler last year though and look at him now - so I am going to back Daniel in to hopefully put in the work required and turn things around.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Since hurting his foot in the 2017 gf he has never been the same. Is always limping, walks onto the ground limping and every time he does something he looks ginger afterwards.

My thoughts exactly and said similar a long time back. Foot injuries can be very difficult to repair - a myriad of small bones and whatever; easily damaged. Was thugged by those Crow defenders and still contorted his body to release the ball somehow, too brave then has cost him subsequently perhaps.
Or possibly groins?

• Sad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
How does a Rioli lose their speed and agility at just 23?

I dont think confidence or desire slow you down or speed you up. I think it can only be one of two things.

1. Injury (groin?)
2. Weight.

He looks more solid, but not to a degree that would slow you down.

I dunno, but its breaking my heart.

A slow Rioli is like a tone deaf Neville.

its not right

Checked out when the season stopped and hasn't checked back in.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Checked out when the season stopped and hasn't checked back in.

yeah that's an option which I hadn't considered, but is entirely plausible.

3. an existential crisis

I'm certainly slower and less agile than I was in February

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THE RIOLI HATE,THIS YEARS AFL IS THE HARDEST SEASON EVER TO PLAY AS A FORWARD,SHORTER QUATERS MEAN THE FORWARD IS ALWAYS CONJESTED,80 PERCENT OF ALL FORWARS ARE DOWN STATS WISE,YOU SIMPLY DONT HAVE THE ROOM TO MOVE AS NORMAL, MORE SO WITH THE WIDEST GROUND MCG NOT PLAYED ON,GIVE THE GUY A BREAK,HE WILL COME GOOD.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Give him a run through the center square. Can be creative, good in close and maybe the challenge will bring the best out of him. We need more options in there especially with Prestia and Sheds out!

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Really obvious limp at end of match and noticeable when walking between general play...

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Thought he was really good in patches today. Some zip, positive ball use, and a run down tackle.

He's got time.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Meh. At the moment he's not half the player we know he can be. Luckily for him George played one of the worst games in living memory so if someone is going to get dropped it will be George.

Rioli won't get dropped for the Dreamtime game but quite frankly his form has been pretty poor all season.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
he looked lightening quick once.

hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah.

its still in there.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Thought he was really good in patches today. Some zip, positive ball use, and a run down tackle.

He's got time.

yeah, showed a bit more pep today. Still needs to get involved more but some good signs

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
His best game for a long time. Wish he would be more selfish around goal, but tonight he showed glimpses of the Daniel of old.

Reactions: 3 users