Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Found it strange after the game he mentioned words to the effect that he thought it was probably the last premiership he would be involved in. Make that what you will, I'm still trying to figure out what he meant.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Found it strange after the game he mentioned words to the effect that he thought it was probably the last premiership he would be involved in. Make that what you will, I'm still trying to figure out what he meant.

Trade??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think he was trying to say it's so difficult to make grand finals it could be the club's last. Highly doubt he'll be traded considering Junior is seemingly going to join the club soon

I said trade.
We could stooge a club. He has lost that zip he had 3 years ago.
He has gone backward since 2017.
Bolton has rocketed past him and i reckon Hardwick will play Dow, Martyn and CD next year.
This isn't based off just last night, this is over the last 2 years

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Had a quiet one yesterday.Layed a few tackles through.

Few tackles and pressure, a few handballs - but 2 or 3 times slipped and lost his footing at the critical moment.
Surely he had the opportunity to choose the right sort of boots for the conditions and change if required
He has work to do to stay a regular next season

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not in the interview i say. Said he wanted to match Cyril and get one with Maurice junior

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Not in the interview i say. Said he wanted to match Cyril and get one with Maurice junior
Ok thanks, I'll have a better listen when i watch next. Don't recall that ever being mentioned last night. I'm referring to BT post match on the field quick 30 second interview

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
So Rioli said after the game when asked by BT how he was feeling: "it's (assuming he meant premiership) something that probably won't ever happen again"

Last edited:

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
So Rioli said after the game when asked by BT how he was feeling: "it's (assuming he meant premiership) something that probably won't ever happen again"
I'd say more referring to the year as a whole, or the game in general. Grand final in Brisbane, at night, hubs, all of that. He's not a great media speaker our Dan

Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Only player who peaked in 2017. At one point looked like he was the next Betts, but not sure what strengths he brings now. Also the more Dusty plays forward the less look in he gets. Under most pressure to hold spot.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Had a mare but to be fair so did a few others. Lunch, Astbury and Houli (albeit injured) were ordinary also.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Had a mare but to be fair so did a few others. Lunch, Astbury and Houli (albeit injured) were ordinary also.

I thought Astbury and lynch were good.
Lynch was running like a gazelle after half time and Ash did his job and stop meat loaf.

Reactions: 2 users