Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not clicking through to that *smile* but "the pair showed signs of anti-social behaviour following the incident"?! Really?! FFS. The writer has clearly never been punched, more's the pity.

Reactions: 5 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
One eye witness has come forward and as usual their point of view is gospel.

Additionally my understanding is that if someone is kicked out of a venue the venue needs to make a record of that.

And they continue to call it a brawl.. Where I come from a brawl involved multiple persons going full on for many minutes and you didn't know where the next punch was coming from. From all descriptions so far Rioli and Bolton's incident was a few punches
That would require actually gathering some evidence from the source most likley to have it i.e. the nightclub in question.
Far better to scoop up some random "eye witness" who may well be a mate of the bloke who belted Rioli and believe him.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I watched 7news lastnight and their great investigative journo Tom Browne frothing at the mouth and it's still got me stuffed how this bloke will be able to do his 'job' when his old man takes over at the Pies...

"I'm here to report that DeGoey and Maynard attended the nightclub and left before the trouble broke out. ... I know this for a fact, as dad told me before I went to bed"

Tom Brownes just happy that he isn't the one being beaten up as I assume happened through much of his time at school.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
"eye witness" ??? peice of brilliant work there
Media trying to keep the story going and to find something.
Muck raking at its best.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah well, there was an eye witness (so he said) who rang into SEN1116 last night and described the incident in detail and stated several times that the aholes who started this with Rioli's girlfriend and then hit him, were 110% to blame.

He said they had been looking for trouble leading up to the incident, that our guys and Rioli's girlfriend were minding their own business and were provoked and then assaulted. He said there were two of them - big guys. Much bigger than Shai and Daniel, and they were the trouble and cause, absolutely.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
"eye witness" ??? peice of brilliant work there
Media trying to keep the story going and to find something.
Muck raking at its best.

Yep if Richmond say the boys have no case to answer, why does the media keep trying to make a case. Yes, it is muckraking at its best.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I watched 7news lastnight and their great investigative journo Tom Browne frothing at the mouth and it's still got me stuffed how this bloke will be able to do his 'job' when his old man takes over at the Pies...

"I'm here to report that DeGoey and Maynard attended the nightclub and left before the trouble broke out. ... I know this for a fact, as dad told me before I went to bed"

Did he get his hot milk before bed?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Has anyone asked Rioli’s girlfriend for her version of events? I feel like she could settle it once and for all.

Also, given it’s fairly well established that Rioli’s girlfriend was the initial victim, why aren’t Rioli and Bolton being praised for confronting misogynistic behavior? There are literally government funded adverts and programs telling men to stand up and call out this kind of attitude towards women. Our players did exactly that and are paying a heavy price for their trouble.

Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
While it would be good to try and get Rioli's girlfriend's side of the story out there, from a PR perspective the club is probably trying to say as little as possible so that it all dies down.

The media speculation is simply there to get click bait and, as we all know, the media are a pack of muck-rakers. No surprise that both the links above are Murdoch owned media.

DS

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has anyone asked Rioli’s girlfriend for her version of events? I feel like she could settle it once and for all.

Also, given it’s fairly well established that Rioli’s girlfriend was the initial victim, why aren’t Rioli and Bolton being praised for confronting misogynistic behavior? There are literally government funded adverts and programs telling men to stand up and call out this kind of attitude towards women. Our players did exactly that and are paying a heavy price for their trouble.
The world has gone mad mate. We are rightly trying to stamp out violence towards women and other misogynistic behaviour and told to take a stand. However when the stand is taken all you hear is criticism of "toxic masculinity" :rolleyes: . FFS what a joke. The only criticism we are hearing is of the two Richmond players; the peanut who started it all has got off scott free.

It shows me that many of the so called Twitterati and self appointed prophets of the social media world have no real interest in the actual issue at hand; all many of them care about is getting their pathetic voices heard and heard loudly. As long as they are in the spotlight. They can *smile* off the lot of them.

Absolute *smile*.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
It shows me that many of the so called Twitterati and self appointed prophets of the social media world have no real interest in the actual issue at hand; all many of them care about is getting their pathetic voices heard and heard loudly. As long as they are in the spotlight. They can *smile* off the lot of them.

Absolute *smile*.

Not a truer word has been spoken. There's no political leaning for these twerps, it's leaning on whatever side will give me attention and spotlight.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Yeah well, there was an eye witness (so he said) who rang into SEN1116 last night and described the incident in detail and stated several times that the aholes who started this with Rioli's girlfriend and then hit him, were 110% to blame.

He said they had been looking for trouble leading up to the incident, that our guys and Rioli's girlfriend were minding their own business and were provoked and then assaulted. He said there were two of them - big guys. Much bigger than Shai and Daniel, and they were the trouble and cause, absolutely.
Thought it was bit odd when Dimma and Gale both said they'd rather Shai and Dan had walked away. Turning the other cheek when a woman is molested in front of you??????

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The world has gone mad mate. We are rightly trying to stamp out violence towards women and other misogynistic behaviour and told to take a stand. However when the stand is taken all you hear is criticism of "toxic masculinity" :rolleyes: . FFS what a joke. The only criticism here is of the two Richmond players; the peanut who started it all has got off scott free.

Absolute *smile*.
I can always trust you to tell it like it is Riddles!

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Gillon McLachlan says
“My view is – I respect Damien’s view as Damien’s view – but it’s different. I think our players, and I ask all players that they don’t condone violence and they should be walking away,” McLachlan said.

“It’s difficult at times, I know provocation exists and circumstances are always relevant, but my general position is people need to walk away and be above that.'

So in the instance of a woman being molested Gillon advocates walking away. Tells you all you need to know about Gillon.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Report coming up in the 7 news at 4pm.
Tigers in hot water for their handling of the nightclub incident.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
So in the instance of a woman being molested Gillon advocates walking away. Tells you all you need to know about Gillon.
Culprit should have to undertake the AFL's Respect & Responsibility program.

See that the AFL has also knocked one of our sponsors on the head (United Petroleum).

This is nearly it for me. *smile* hypocrites.