Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Needs to turn up tonight in a big game. Huge test for how far he has actually come on this year.

Massive watch for me tonight. Maybe the biggest subplot of the night.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Great game today. He's still learning the defensive caper but he's coming on leaps and bounds. So dangerous when he streams forward.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Charlie Cameron is not a bad player. Footballers don't tolerate him but Charlie makes mince meat of mediocre smalls in the air and mediocre talls at ground level. And Jayden Short on lawn. Liam Baker? This is about perspective.

Charlie was giving us trouble early. (Grimes was playing tall.)

Daniel Rioli is not usually just a line breaker. Famous Strathmore coach Veneers Fagan loves backs who can't defend (Kaidean Coleman?) but triple preemiership coach Mr Damien Hardwick wants defenders to defend (sometimes).

Daniel Rioli interrupted Charles Cameron in the air. Then degraded him at ground level.

Daniel got free late and was never going to miss that goal. Defend first. Then destroy.

A fine game.

Reactions: 11 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Just on the topic of clubmen like Jayden Short and Liam Baker, I think we should pay them 375pa. The big bucks.

And a genius like Daniel Rioli should have been offered his 600k last year. Maybe we can still get him for that. (What's that? We're paying Liam Baker that? Oh. Jayden Short gets that? *frown* More than that? OMFG.)

This is gunna cost us.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rioli provides great run and rebound but knows how to defend both on ground and in the air. imo has houli short and baker covered in this area.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Good to see this. I reckon Rio's got some leadership in him too. Hopefully Bakes is next to sign soon enough.
Wonder if he can be captain one day.
He stands up and takes the game on qhen it counts

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Daniel maturing as with Shai both have progressed from bit part role players into fully fledged stars, and key play makers of the side.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Whoever from the Tigers came up with this idea and persisted with it even though at times we needed D. Rioli in attack, massive plaudits. Inspired move.
It is funny that none of those bagging Hardwick for playing players out of position mention that on this thread.
He is a natural footballer who knows how to use his attacking ability to defend. he still tries to win the ball when one out against a forward, rather than just trying to stop them winning it.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Doing great things in defence but has more value to the team when he is forward of centre. Eg his last quarter brilliant goal. Expect Noah C on the backline if he loses form for a few weeks. Danny was having an ordinary game with few possessions to half time. I was hoping they would swing him forward. I love the way he plays in front of the goals.