Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Voted by his team mates into the Leadership group. 32 disposal first game earning a Rising Star nomination First Game!! Not a bad get this guy (y)

Screenshot_20221017-221623_AFL.jpg

Screenshot_20221017-221804_AFL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Both go ok at it, but he appears to me that he’s the harder player on the inside of the two.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Both go ok at it, but he appear
s to me that he’s the harder player on the inside of the two.
Of the two who do you think has the better disposal?
Neither have looked great to me especially in regard to the use of both feet.
I suppose few do!

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Reckon he wins the brownlow next year.
very hard to do it, Dion, Dusty & Tim playing well, our Forwards Tom & Shai & Cumbero kicking plenty of goals, our backs stopping the oppositions, I can't wait for 2023 to begin.

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Of the two who do you think has the better disposal?
Neither have looked great to me especially in regard to the use of both feet.
I suppose few do!
Gee its hard to say. Both are just average. Maybe Hopper just.

I watched maybe 75% of GWS's games this year from start to finish when it was evident early in the year that players would be leaving. Hopper obviously didn't play as much as Taranto, but it was pretty clear the couple of differences. Taranto a bit more running into space and possession gathering, Hopper a bit more work in tight. More handballs from Hopper and more kicking from Taranto and going forward.

In saying that though, I reckon the Richmond game style will change their modus operandi a bit. For both of them. Leon Cameron's game style was terrible. Slow, stop start, keep possession. Reluctant to move the ball with any speed through the middle. Reliant on pin point passing which wouldn't have suited either of them. I think they'll both flourish in a quicker more dynamic system, providing they stay healthy and can cover the extra ground that they'll be required to do with us.

Reactions: 9 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The AFL website represents the *smile* quality of footy journalism, with this pearl of wisdom:

"Rarely do two players from one club land at the same club in the same trade period, especially proven stars. Steven May arrived at Melbourne 12 months after Jake Lever."

FMD

LOL picked that up too....can't even use the work experience guy excuse as uni exams haven't finished yet

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Brownlow = Taranto or Hopper or Prestia - whomever has an injury free run
Rising Star = Sonsie
Coleman = Lynch
Norm Smith = Dusty

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Brownlow = Taranto or Hopper or Prestia - whomever has an injury free run
Rising Star = Sonsie
Coleman = Lynch
Norm Smith = Dusty
I’ll trade you all of those meaningless awards for the only one that matters.

Hopper and Taranto = Premiership

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The AFL website represents the *smile* quality of footy journalism, with this pearl of wisdom:

"Rarely do two players from one club land at the same club in the same trade period, especially proven stars. Steven May arrived at Melbourne 12 months after Jake Lever."

FMD
What about this one? 2nd highest??

1666235744771.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tiger3000

Tiger Cub
Apr 11, 2011
I probably missed it, but what was the specific issue with Hoppers knee? I can find that he had an issue in preseason, then another after round 1, both with surgeries - but nothing on what the actual issue was (e.g. PCL or whatever)?

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

FMD
I read that about six times to try and make it make sense lol, but still couldn't make sense!! :ROFLMAO: