Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Was awesome yesterday, particularly in the first half.

Still showing signs of his limited preseason, but was influential anyway.

It was good to see us use the midfield flexibility a bit more than in round one. Dusty, Cotch and Bolton all had more midfield minutes.

We need to just keep rotating them all through. Smash the opposition!

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Anyone know how bad the ankle is?

The fact he came back on is positive because it rules out any dramatic structural damage. I was calling syndesmosis live, but pretty unlikely he could get back an manage to weight bear with any sort of significant damage there.

Most likely is he has just given it a tweak, so it will depend on how it blows up today and tomorrow and then how manageable it is with strapping and some juice.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The fact he came back on is positive because it rules out any dramatic structural damage. I was calling syndesmosis live, but pretty unlikely he could get back an manage to weight bear with any sort of significant damage there.

Most likely is he has just given it a tweak, so it will depend on how it blows up today and tomorrow and then how manageable it is with strapping and some juice.
He came on and impacted as well. Might be a sore boy today but can’t see him missing.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Might be a co-incidence, but i swear his inside 50 disposals have a higher point/goal conversion than our other mids over the first two weeks.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Might be a co-incidence, but i swear his inside 50 disposals have a higher point/goal conversion than our other mids over the first two weeks.

Interesting topic, if we want to score this year we're best with Short, Baker Graham or Cotchin touching it.

PlayerInside 50sScore Involvements% of SI out of total team
Hopper6.03.517.1
Taranto5.53.517.1
Short4.55.526.8
Pickett3.52.512.2
Graham3.5524.4
Cotchin2.5524.4
Prestia2314.6
Martin54.522
Baker1.55.526.8

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Jacob and Tim have shown us already what we're missing the last two years. With Dion set, our midfielders are looking magnificent!

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Hopper listed as doubtful this week

“It was pretty ugly, he's actually pretty lucky. Jacob's experienced a little bit of joint soreness in his knee and we're going to monitor him on Wednesday and see how he recovers and make a decision. He's probably doubtful at this stage, but we'll see how he is on Wednesday”

• Sad

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Turns out it is his knee not ankle.
TBR, silly question, is the knee soreness but then an ankle?

He moved ok after coming back on, that counts for me. I reckon with a light week he plays despite being doubtful.

Reckon he is more likely than Dusty TBH.

Reactions: 1 users