Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This is strange. Wasn't he clutching at his ankle during the game? Where does the knee come into this?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
TBR, silly question, is the knee soreness but then an ankle?

Depends why it is sore but certainly not from a short term perspective in terms of being able to play this week.

A sprained ankle is a simple strap up and jab and away you go, there's plenty of players doing that every week. You can essentially lock it up motion wise, kill the pain and off you go.

If he's got swelling or other aggravation in the knee that causes discomfort running, it's harder to get to a level of comfort that allows you to play. Can't strap it and limit movement, jabs are not as effective and there's a greater risk of secondary injury.

Reactions: 1 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
He is already too important to this team to be risking any long term injury. If he is doubtful or still feeling a niggle he doesnt play. Dont win GF in March. Let the skunks have their little win this week. Need to run the marathon not the sprint

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Came as great relief today to hear Dimma say in the presser that Hopper's current knee issue (collision injury) is unrelated to his previous injury concerns last season.

Back in a week. Awesome.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Came as great relief today to hear Dimma say in the presser that Hopper's current knee issue (collision injury) is unrelated to his previous injury concerns last season.

Back in a week. Awesome.

If Hopper's game on the weekend is a glimpse to his future output with Richmond we have indeed got a gun, (knees and injury dependent).

Reactions: 7 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Didn't Wallace destroy him
Playing in the tropical conditions in Alice Springs or Darwin against Port and he injured his ankle??
Perhaps; hard to remember as far back. But Plough definitely destroyed Richo's, forcing him back on after put on the bench with a strained hammy, which he then fully tore.
Ended his career prematurely - with Richo otherwise perfectly capable of playing at least another 1 or 2. Especially on the wing without the heavy knocks of a KPF.
[Says so in Richo's book; he pulls no punches about it]

Reactions: 1 user

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Had a good look at this bloke

Reckon he has a higher ceiling than TT

At least he can kick

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's still recovering from the ankle but I was a bit disappointed by his game tbh after such a great game against Adelaide.
Hope he has a better outing this week against the Swans.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
My biggest criticism of Hopper is his centre bounce work.
I really hate what I'm seeing of his positioning & intensity & he's having little impact in an area he was primarily recruited for.
Thought he'd be much better in this regard.
I'd actually look at another option like Dow in there it's been that bad.

Other times around the ground he's not so bad.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Thought he went alright tonight. He's got a good side step and is usually ok with ball in hand. I reckon it's down to coaching or a communication breakdown with rucks.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
My biggest criticism of Hopper is his centre bounce work.
I really hate what I'm seeing of his positioning & intensity & he's having little impact in an area he was primarily recruited for.
Thought he'd be much better in this regard.
I'd actually look at another option like Dow in there it's been that bad.

Other times around the ground he's not so bad.
Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Let him walk through the door.
He has been good considering 99% of the blokes around him stink it up.
What's Prestia issue??

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hopper is doing a fair bit well but the number one reason that we brought him to our club for he's battling in.
He is well below his career average for clearances.
The main area in the ground we are struggling in is the midfield. The chemistry in there is just totally off.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Reckon it’s coaching or a breakdown in communication between rucks and mids. More work needs to be done in this area.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Hopper is doing a fair bit well but the number one reason that we brought him to our club for he's battling in.
The main area in the ground we are struggling in is the midfield. The chemistry in there is just totally off.

Doesn't help when Nank has been smashed in the ruck all season and now we're playing part time young rucks

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

His career average for clearances is 4.7. Last 3 games he has 4,4 and 5. He was poor in the 1st game in this respect but has been ok since then. He's averaging down in centre clearances but good around the ground.