Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Seeing we won two premierships in those 5, I'm not convinced we desperately needed him. One of them was even against him...

Lambert and Edwards are the ones I'm crying over now.

But I also couldn't see Lamberts real value at the start either, so what do I know.
We won the premierships but we still needed a Hopper type player

Inside accumulator , Winning premierships doesnt mean we dont have holes on the list

Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Seeing we won two premierships in those 5, I'm not convinced we desperately needed him. One of them was even against him...

Lambert and Edwards are the ones I'm crying over now.

But I also couldn't see Lamberts real value at the start either, so what do I know.
I understand, but I think the club had just become sick and tired of losing the clearances. We leaked too many stoppage goals last year and couldn’t arrest momentum when teams got on top in the midfield. If Graham can play as he did the other night he’ll be a handy player this season. Juddy is a talent, Hugo and Banks can play on the flanks, Maurice might get a bit more time in the middle. And of course Sonsie who I also think very highly of can be an elite mid. He’s good in close and on the outside as well, he’ll benefit greatly over the next few years having Taranto and Hopper around him at stoppages. If Cotch didn’t go on and Sonsie was in the side it would be a really good mix but Cotch deserves the right to end whenever he wants, plus he’s still a solid contributor anyway

• Love

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I understand, but I think the club had just become sick and tired of losing the clearances. We leaked too many stoppage goals last year and couldn’t arrest momentum when teams got on top in the midfield. If Graham can play as he did the other night he’ll be a handy player this season. Juddy is a talent, Hugo and Banks can play on the flanks, Maurice might get a bit more time in the middle. And of course Sonsie who I also think very highly of can be an elite mid. He’s good in close and on the outside as well, he’ll benefit greatly over the next few years having Taranto and Hopper around him at stoppages. If Cotch didn’t go on and Sonsie was in the side it would be a really good mix but Cotch deserves the right to end whenever he wants, plus he’s still a solid contributor anyway
Not to mention if we did have that inside bull last year we might just have another premiership in our pockets

Reactions: 3 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Not to mention if we did have that inside bull last year we might just have another premiership in our pockets
Yep, our midfield crumbled when Prestia went off in the EF. The new guys will make everyone around them better

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I respectfully must ask ...... do we seriously consider "This fella is 187cm and 86kg" ............... a brute??

I'm 188 and 90kg (normally 88kg but I'm getting old!)

I would never describe myself as a brute.............

at 187 cm you need to be 94kg of packed muscle to be a brute.....................
The brute comes from how he plays as well as his size. He knows how to use his body to benefit himself, or clear a path for his team mates.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Not sure what the issue is here, we got this guy to help solve an issue with clearances, he's good in this area & we beat Carlton in this area on thurs & this is area they are elite at.

Reactions: 7 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I can see hop being a prolific handballer as he wins in tight , we have plenty of class to get outside more so when sonz returns to the lineup which I don’t expect to be long

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Like the Tigers of old

One game and already nailed to a cross. By Round 4 he will have resurrected things and we will all be singing his praises.

I thought Hopper played really well given the nature of the game and the fact that the Blues have some exceptional contested ball mids.

Reactions: 4 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
We wont win a Premiership without him...let that sink in.
Hopper will allow Sonsie to destroy teams on the outside with his elite disposal.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Well Hopper did help set up the draw.
A nice 45-50 metre kick to Lynch at least in a 1-on-1 contest, not many forwards get that chance in today's day and age.
Because not even a minute earlier Lynch was out marked 2-on-1.
But the best part of the game happens in the next passage of play, after Hopper's kick, going to do a Taranto post after this, he did really well :eyes

1679193909572.png

46 seconds earlier can't remember who kicked it now, ahhh Nank I think from a ruck contest, and Lynch had no chance 2-on-1 here

1679194075782.png

• Sad

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Good to see Hopper lower his eyes last week after he burned a bit of ball. A naturally scrappy player who is determined, can learn and surprises at times.

Good recruit. Nice debut for the club.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Well Hopper did help set up the draw.
A nice 45-50 metre kick to Lynch at least in a 1-on-1 contest, not many forwards get that chance in today's day and age.
Because not even a minute earlier Lynch was out marked 2-on-1.
But the best part of the game happens in the next passage of play, after Hopper's kick, going to do a Taranto post after this, he did really well :eyes

View attachment 18488

46 seconds earlier can't remember who kicked it now, ahhh Nank I think from a ruck contest, and Lynch had no chance 2-on-1 here

View attachment 18489
That was a bloody block! Weitering has his hands up pretending to be in the marking contest while facing the wrong direction.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That was a bloody block! Weitering has his hands up pretending to be in the marking contest while facing the wrong direction.

That should have been the biggest give away there. How could Weitering be competing in the marking contest whilst looking in the other direction. It was a very clear block, was clear as day when I was at the ground and even clearer with the pictures that back it up.

• Sad

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we will see Hoppers major benefits to us, once we get through the early part of the season, once the weather gets worse and the games become stoppage heavy and very contested. I think thats where he will shine brightest for us.

Reactions: 3 users