Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Led the team for ground ball gets (we were smashed in ground ball), fifth for contested possessions. According to the official AFL ratings points (they used to recognise how good Shedda was when few others did), he had a better game than Dusty, Dow, McAuliffe, Sonsie, Nank, Kosi, Young, KMac, Brown, Campbell, Short, MoJu and Hugo. That puts him in our top-10, on an off-day, with seven fit players outside the team. Do the maths.
Still doesn't hide the fact he turns it over and gives the ball to the opposition through that's the concern and his a experience senior player.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Still doesn't hide the fact he turns it over and gives the ball to the opposition through that's the concern and his a experience senior player.
He had three (3) turnovers. Baker had 6. Harley Reid had 8, Kelly had 7. Lefau and Long had 5.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It was probably that his turnovers were leaving D50 and directly resulted in goals as we were out of position. Turnovers where you get it back don’t stick in the mind as much.

I can think of a scrubbed semi-centring kick and a handball to the opposition chest leaving d50 where it seemed he had a reasonable target or boundary line to play with.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He had three (3) turnovers. Baker had 6. Harley Reid had 8, Kelly had 7. Lefau and Long had 5.
At least 2 of those turnovers were early when we had jumped them and were looking good. They resulted in goals and shifted momentum.

Not many had a good day.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
At least 2 of those turnovers were early when we had jumped them and were looking good. They resulted in goals and shifted momentum.

Not many had a good day.
Yeah, I'm not saying he had a good day. But he wasn't our worst, or even close to it.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Been shizen for 2 years. But it was one hellova debut wasn’t it? Wil never forget it. Prob last year on the list you’d think. Thanks for the memories marlion

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He was top 10 in the 22 B&F, a year we made finals. But whatever.
Yeh, those relentlessly bagging him are off the mark. He has his moments where calamity strikes but few can match his running and committment. He hasn't had the luxury of playing in a classy injury free team for quite a while.

I wish they would give him a run in the guts.

yo_eddy

Tiger Rookie
Apr 18, 2023
Also would take issue with those who say he shirks the contest and isn't hard. He had to dial it back and stop going in hard because it was costing him money and weeks in suspensions. So the hesitancy is due to that, not lack of hardness. He's as hard as a cat's head, I love him.

Reactions: 1 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Also would take issue with those who say he shirks the contest and isn't hard. He had to dial it back and stop going in hard because it was costing him money and weeks in suspensions. So the hesitancy is due to that, not lack of hardness. He's as hard as a cat's head, I love him.
Yeah, I reckon this is really noticeable at times. You can see that he waits/hovers until he can tackle, rather than charging in.

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
I think this week's presser has the answer to why Uze hasn't thrown him in the middle despite (clearly) being open to throwing the magnets around. Uze's thinking long term and wants the younger mids to get their experience, he said that that's why he didn't put Dusty in the middle in the 3rd, and if you're not gonna do it for the GOAT, you're not gonna do it for Pickett either

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yeah, I'm not saying he had a good day. But he wasn't our worst, or even close to it.
Been thinking about it a little bit since yesterday. Yeah there's some skill errors, but how much is him looking up and trying to find an outlet, or taking a risk the coach encourages him to take.
Who replaces him right now, with all the injuries? We need some bigger/harder bodies to protect the kids.
As frustrating as those turnovers were, he was finding the ball and competing.
Can *all* of the other 22 say the same?

Reactions: 1 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Been thinking about it a little bit since yesterday. Yeah there's some skill errors, but how much is him looking up and trying to find an outlet, or taking a risk the coach encourages him to take.
Who replaces him right now, with all the injuries? We need some bigger/harder bodies to protect the kids.
As frustrating as those turnovers were, he was finding the ball and competing.
Can *all* of the other 22 say the same?
Hugo should play on the wing for next month before him. Last chance saloon to make it

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
He was top 10 in the 22 B&F, a year we made finals. But whatever.
i wasnt having a go at him, he's a fairytale story for us, and i will always be grateful that he played for the tigs. just think he hasnt been great last year and so far this year, as with alot of other senior players. and you'd think he wouldnt be getting another contract next year at this rate. but he might turn it around, only round 6 i guess. played well against the swans, ill give him that. but as senior player, playing on a wing, definitely expect better.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’d be interesting to get some stats on how many ”sons of” the approximate 12300 AFL/VFL players have gone on to play VFL/AFL footy and how many of those played more than 50 games, 100 games etc.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It’d be interesting to get some stats on how many ”sons of” the approximate 12300 AFL/VFL players have gone on to play VFL/AFL footy and how many of those played more than 50 games, 100 games etc.
Lots of footy players marry models. Marlion married a footballer.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
whatever the number, i reckon about 90% of them played for the Cats or the Dogs.