Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Lethal Matthews was also far from impressed with Marlion’s few short step moments and stated he is no automatic selection for GF

Lethal has lost his marbles.

sheez, a bloke offers the toughest, most intense, tireless footy in a tied up prelim,

to will us into a GF,

and people are still knocking him.

he basically became Trent cotchin in the last quarter.

not coincidentally, it was the Marlion and Nank show that also dragged us into the VFL GF in '19 (Kane Lambert had a RDO)

ewes are legally blind

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Lethal Matthews was also far from impressed with Marlion’s few short step moments and stated he is no automatic selection for GF
this is also the bloke that thought what Lynch did against the Saints was worth going in front of a magistrate ...
Lethal has turned into an idiot. Picketts unique, i love what he brings

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lethal has lost his marbles.

sheez, a bloke offers the toughest, most intense, tireless footy in a tied up prelim,

to will us into a GF,

and people are still knocking him.

he basically became Trent cotchin in the last quarter.

not coincidentally, it was the Marlion and Nank show that also dragged us into the VFL GF in '19 (Kane Lambert had a RDO)

ewes are legally blind
Watched the game again yesterday n I don't reckon his first half was anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. Nor do I think he took a short step as some are suggesting.
*smile* conditions all night, plenty of heat n pressure all game n I think he just tries to play a composed, safe, stay in the contest n don't let the oppo escape type of game during the first half. Only played twenty AFL games n not too many under that kind of intensity n conditions, gradually working himself into the game n simply kept getting better as he adjusted to it all.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yep, I'm loathe to write it but he consistently smiles himself under the footy. Very out of sync with the way he plays the game in general but it's happened a lot of times in a short career.

I find it very hard to get past it to trust him to deliver in big moments to be honest.
Delivering in a GF and a prelim not big enough?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Delivering in a GF and a prelim not big enough?

He played well when it counted on Friday night but he also stood under the ball early in the first, ducked his head, gave a half effort and let Port take it away.

If he did that in a big moment in a Grand Final it would suck the soul out of our side.

Reactions: 1 user

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
He played well when it counted on Friday night but he also stood under the ball early in the first, ducked his head, gave a half effort and let Port take it away.

If he did that in a big moment in a Grand Final it would suck the soul out of our side.

Definitely ducks. Said the same last week having noticed it more than once over preceding few weeks. Not suggesting he's soft but as you say, wouldn't want to see it in a big moment this Saturday.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Last year's Grand Final was against witches hats

this is the equal most flawed logic I've ever read on here.

actually, its outright most flawed.

Obviously not the craziest thing ever said. It wouldnt even make the top million.

But illogical?

I vote No.1

(just to pre-empt the reaction, this logic extrapolated, says Dustys Norm Smith was less worthy than Jason Johannison or Shaun Harts. so)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
this is the equal most flawed logic I've ever read on here.

actually, its outright most flawed.

Obviously not the craziest thing ever said. It wouldnt even make the top million.

But illogical?

I vote No.1

(just to pre-empt the reaction, this logic extrapolated, says Dustys Norm Smith was less worthy than Jason Johannison or Shaun Harts. so)
Well I'll accept that I guess.

When it comes to flawed logic you're the board guru.

Reactions: 1 user

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne

What a load of rubbish.

This a team that embraces imperfections, the whole premise of mindfulness is that you stay in the moment, its something they appear to work very hard on, so if you think the soul is going to get sucked out of this side because someone makes a mistake you haven't been watching very closely.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Marlion has had a couple of poor moments, but overall I'm very happy with how Fish is playing.
He's busting his arse to get to contests, which leads to turnovers. Some of his big tackles and hip and shoulders make opponents aware that he hurts people. This causes perceived pressure when they know he's coming.

I still get aroused (not sexually) thinking about his GF blind turn, it's one of the greatest things I've seen on the footy field. Would it be asking too much, to want to see another on Grand Final day.

PS, maybe I do get just a little tingle when thinking about that blind turn:cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
After attending a magnificent win in a crucible of hostile fire and fury, and witnessing marlion's game first hand, there are quite a few people on this thread who, when it comes to marlion pickett, have no idea what they are talking about. None. Its amazing to me, can't understand it, all I can think of to explain it is the broadcast must have focussed on a negative, the commentators are watching on telly right?

Reactions: 4 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's still only his second year in the system. Going OK. Ezy Jr is right.

Reactions: 1 users