Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
It was interesting sitting in my normal wing position and seeing Marlion run it.

He had probably the play of the night with a spoil he had no right to, a flick handball that wasn't possible and a kick to advantage. He also closed down a couple of Carlton runs that may have been goals.

But he also did a whole lot of nothing. In stark contrast to KMac, who ran the same wing much more diligently.

There were a few aerial contests that he... I don't wanna use the word squibbed, but let's say, mistimed. There were some easy linking plays that he fumbled in a way which shouldn't be possible if you have access to at least half your fingers.

I watched him in the warm up miss almost every lead up kick to the line coach. His ball use is, and there is no kinder way to look at it, poor. A more critical person might say fatal.

On balance, and considering our embarrassment of wingers, I see why he was originally left out of the side.

He's not in my 22 right now.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
It was interesting sitting in my normal wing position and seeing Marlion run it.

He had probably the play of the night with a spoil he had no right to, a flick handball that wasn't possible and a kick to advantage. He also closed down a couple of Carlton runs that may have been goals.

But he also did a whole lot of nothing. In stark contrast to KMac, who ran the same wing much more diligently.

There were a few aerial contests that he... I don't wanna use the word squibbed, but let's say, mistimed. There were some easy linking plays that he fumbled in a way which shouldn't be possible if you have access to at least half your fingers.

I watched him in the warm up miss almost every lead up kick to the line coach. His ball use is, and there is no kinder way to look at it, poor. A more critical person might say fatal.

On balance, and considering our embarrassment of wingers, I see why he was originally left out of the side.

He's not in my 22 right now.

Couldn't have said it better.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Makes a few mistakes, but more than makes up for it by doing a lot right.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Id rather get a few games into our youngsters, I continue to see why he has fans and critics
re youngsters, if they're good enough it'll happen. Hard to get a game in the best side. Re fans/ critics. I can see that too, but I'm a fan. Like George, he's polarising. A chaos player, and therefore an important element. Does the impossible then stuffs up the simple, like early career Shed. The pros are he gets to contests he has no right to get to, hits hard, and gets it forward. The cons, he'll bobble a mark in the backline, spend it before he's got it on occasion.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Thought he was pretty good on the first half but I think he played half back after Vlastuin went off. He isn’t a back imo, winger/mid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Did really well, the usual occasional mistake but came in, won the ball, did a power of running. Good job considering he was a late in.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'm a Marlion tragic. Thought he was ok. As some have said, did some great defensive things and stuffed up some very straightforward things.

He was scratchy, but he had plenty of mates. Gee we dropped marks, slipped over a lot, and butchered the ball going into F50 (sounds like 2020).

Oh, and please can we now stop with the thought that Marlion is slow. His closing speed is something to see.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Picketts work rate is massive. Don't worry about him missing a few targets

Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s an interesting debate re Caddy and Pickett on the wing , I’d take Caddy over Pickett in the 22 ,however I prefer Pickett over Caddy in the wing role, especially the wing roles we play. Both boys could have good or bad years , however I don’t see any real improvement in either, both are AFL standard footballer, Caddy is not going to get quicker, Picketts disposal and occasional head drop is not going away now after all the footy he’s played , he’s been in the AFL system long enough now, personally I’m happy for both in the 22 ,I’d actually have Caddy forward, Pickett on a wing however not fussed either if a youngster jumps up and takes there spot, great times to be a Tiger

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The first game ive watched Marlion play on TV in ages,

and, not coincidently I dont think,

its the first game in ages I thought he was on the fringe.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
The first game ive watched Marlion play on TV in ages,

and, not coincidently I dont think,

its the first game in ages I thought he was on the fringe.
Odd, because it's the first game I've seen him live in ages.

All of last year I had him as a lock. On Yesterday, I place him as our 23rd player next week.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Odd, because it's the first game I've seen him live in ages.

All of last year I had him as a lock. On Yesterday, I place him as our 23rd player next week.

agree it wasn't his best game.

but we dont want that in March anyway.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In my mind he's a lock on the wing. Him and Kmac guarding the wings will make it very difficult for opposition to switch, exit and transition on us. Never want to see isaac smith roaming around free again.