Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Every time he got the ball my heart went into my mouth.
how is he going to turn the ball over this time?
He was like this last year. Took a few weeks to get back into gear.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He made a few blues but he did several crucial things and otherwise played his role. Ahead of Caddy for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
Wasn't impressed with Pickett at all. Mr Fumbles in key moments and terrible ball use.
Half-hearted marking attempts were also cringeworthy.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Marlion 'flawed magic' Pickett will always get a place in my 22 .... or is that 23 now?

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
His workrate and covering for others was immense. Watched from behind the goals and tracked him for about half the 3rd quarter. He saved a number of scores in that time. Can't see him dropped anytime soon. Just plays a role and commits to it.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Does some good things bit way too many simple skill errors or bad decision-making. His spot is going to be under a lot of pressure from the younger brigade coming through.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
You can see him continually second guess his first (and generally correct option) then over thinks or cooks the next one under self induced pressure... he’s an odd cat...

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
His workrate and covering for others was immense. Watched from behind the goals and tracked him for about half the 3rd quarter. He saved a number of scores in that time. Can't see him dropped anytime soon. Just plays a role and commits to it.
I agree. He made some mistake, but who didn't last night. His commitment to the ball (front, running back, putting his body on the line) can't be questioned. Having a few hard nuts in our side, improves the run and flow.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Beautiful assessment.

That's why I can't understand his move away from the wing. He had made it his own

Reactions: 3 users

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
Great post saved our arse in the second qtr of the GF last year.
plenty of credits in the bank for mine

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
In my mind he's a lock on the wing. Him and Kmac guarding the wings will make it very difficult for opposition to switch, exit and transition on us. Never want to see isaac smith roaming around free again.

Wing is looking to be very important now that the rule changes lead to the ball going back and forth a lot.

KMac and Pickett on the wings worked a treat last year, bring it back.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
While they're piling on half baked new rules, how bout 50 games for FS if you debut over 25. Sliding scale, pro rata etc etc, can't be that hard.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Beautiful assessment.

That's why I can't understand his move away from the wing. He had made it his own
I think it was because Floss was down and DTLD and ArkMan were chopping out Nank.
Meant defence needed someone to roll back and help out.
That's how I saw it. I may be wrong.
No doubt wing is his go.
Love him on one wing and Kmac slash Grover slash Pinjarra slash arm flapping gut runner on the other.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
An
I agree. He made some mistake, but who didn't last night. His commitment to the ball (front, running back, putting his body on the line) can't be questioned. Having a few hard nuts in our side, improves the run and flow.
I thought it was a terrific gesture that his 2 sons were part of the flag bearers, loved it. How cool for those two boys, for their whole family.
Richmond would have helped change their life significantly these last 2 years.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can run. Can bump. Can tackle.
Can take a mark ( only from behind )
Don’t want the ball in his hands.
Disposal not AFL standard. Needs to handball to the nearest target. Foot skills the most important attribute in the modern game.
Warming the seat for Ralphsmith or even Naish

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Good thing he's hard at the ball because he inexplicably does things our worst whipping boys would cringe at. Stays for now.
He moves so smoothly, he looks so balanced and his ball drop looks neat yet the results are really average. His physicality and running ability keep him in.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Needs to play and on the wing. Covers a *smile* load of ground both offensively and defensively.