Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
lamb22 said:
Brings me joy too Easy.

Not too long ago we had dinosaurs like Miller, Jewell and Brown tethering the club down, We had an Essendon supporting nursing home owner/land developer/flim flam man as president. We were a laughing stock on field and off.

Now we lead in inclusion and community involvement. We were the first to don the indigenous jumper in response to the Goodes booing.

We take on all comers, accept their strengths and weaknesses and try to give them a fair run at it.

Fifteen years ago I was still a tribal tiger but now I am a particularly proud member of this wonderful club.
:clap :beer :grouphug

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
lamb22 said:
Brings me joy too Easy.

Not too long ago we had dinosaurs like Miller, Jewell and Brown tethering the club down, We had an Essendon supporting nursing home owner/land developer/flim flam man as president. We were a laughing stock on field and off.

Now we lead in inclusion and community involvement. We were the first to don the indigenous jumper in response to the Goodes booing.

We take on all comers, accept their strengths and weaknesses and try to give them a fair run at it.

Fifteen years ago I was still a tribal tiger but now I am a particularly proud member of this wonderful club.

Well said.
And your’s too, easy.
100%.
Lovin’ it.
No wonder we are 102,000 strong, and growing.
Love your work Benny.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
easy said:
If i was Marlion, Id honestly be taking the end of the finger off.

Its the last joint apparently, and hes got 3 months to make an impact and set his family up for good.

If the club surgeon wouldnt do it, id go to the butcher on bridge road and grab some lamb cutlets while i was in there.

Not sure he can afford lamb cutlets on a rookies wage with 4 kids! Maybe mutton.
Anyway I've heard he's sought advice from Rugby legend John Hopoate for finger replacement technology after he lost his in a tragic workplace accident

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Dont Argue said:
Not sure he can afford lamb cutlets on a rookies wage with 4 kids! Maybe mutton.
Anyway I've heard he's sought advice from Rugby legend John Hopoate for finger replacement technology after he lost his in a tragic workplace accident

:eek:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
some nice words going down here - Easy, Lamb, et al - and i'm feeling to echo the sentiments. the Marlion recruitment galvanises the club and its supporters yet again and i find that to be a beautiful thing.
we are an intelligent football club that dances to its own tune, sometimes to the chagrin of others, and long may we dance.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
i am getting some very special feeling about Marlion

Stack Townsend and Marlion in the same team

tell me that does not excited you!!!!!!

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Does anyone know what he's actually done to his finger? 8-10 weeks for a busted finger seems a long time. There must have been complications of sort.

E

easy_tiger

Midsy said:
Does anyone know what he's actually done to his finger? 8-10 weeks for a busted finger seems a long time. There must have been complications of sort.

He busted the last joint of his pointer pretty bad preseason

And then rebusted it second game back

So a surgeon wired it

Is my understanding.

Best thing for us is he will be doing a full preseason and his only restriction will be on pointing to the crowd and god and the scoreboard during goal celebrations.

Hell be a fit fresh cherry ripe wildcard norm smith fairytale smokey, come september.

Possibly the best 50 grand the clubs ever spent imo

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
Just thinking about these comments from Easy, Lamb, Artball et al...

I've been a Richmond supporter for a long time and have seen every premiership since '69. So I grew up during the days when we were the most powerful club out there, no question - I'd trot along with my Dad each week. And it was really something special - that Tiger roar thing is no fantasy.

But it occurred to me just now, and yea I'm no doubt cranking on a bit here, but anyway... I don't think I've ever been prouder of the club than I am now. The indigenous stuff is part of that, but it's not just that. I think our President is fantastic, same with the CEO, you couldn't get a better 'around the place' guy than Richo surely, and on it goes.

It's a bit weird actually. Of course I want us to win, every time. And almost as important, I want Collingwood to lose, followed by Carlton, every time. That's how I grew up. At the same time though, I almost don't mind if we don't win the whole shooting match this year, given how we've performed under adversity anyway (although I still want Collingwood to lose, don't get me wrong). It's just after all the crap we went through, I'm really happy with the CLUB right now.

So yea, totally agree.

====

As a side note: how many of these damn posts do I have to put up before I lose this 'rookie' tag? Lol I can stop then.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Rabbia said:
As a side note: how many of these damn posts do I have to put up before I lose this 'rookie' tag? Lol I can stop then.

Here’s a tip Rabbia. Just chuck in a “x2” every now and then and you’ll rack up the posts in no time

E

easy_tiger

Rabbia said:
Just thinking about these comments from Easy, Lamb, Artball et al...

I've been a Richmond supporter for a long time and have seen every premiership since '69. So I grew up during the days when we were the most powerful club out there, no question - I'd trot along with my Dad each week. And it was really something special - that Tiger roar thing is no fantasy.

But it occurred to me just now, and yea I'm no doubt cranking on a bit here, but anyway... I don't think I've ever been prouder of the club than I am now. The indigenous stuff is part of that, but it's not just that. I think our President is fantastic, same with the CEO, you couldn't get a better 'around the place' guy than Richo surely, and on it goes.

It's a bit weird actually. Of course I want us to win, every time. And almost as important, I want Collingwood to lose, followed by Carlton, every time. That's how I grew up. At the same time though, I almost don't mind if we don't win the whole shooting match this year, given how we've performed under adversity anyway (although I still want Collingwood to lose, don't get me wrong). It's just after all the crap we went through, I'm really happy with the CLUB right now.

So yea, totally agree.

====

I was loving this until the

I dont care if we dont win the big dance bit. ;D

Still.

Anyone who seen us go back2back is no rookie.

Like larabee says, a few x2's and smiley faces, maybe talk climate change graphs with L2, and youlle be a legend by saturday.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
nswtiger said:
i am getting some very special feeling about Marlion

Stack Townsend and Marlion in the same team

tell me that does not excited you!!!!!!

I'll be excited if it happens NSW. Marlion's is a tough sun of a gun, his attack at the contest is Towner like.

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
I see. I've never been able to make use of emoticons, but I'll keep these X's and climate change tips in mind, thank you each Larabee (god I can remember when he was first introduced to the show), Easy and Tommy.

I did say "almost", re this year, but yea okay my bad. And Collingwood losing is just non-negotiable.

Do the younger guys know that one year (god help me I think it was '74 but it could have been '73) we won EVERY division? Like including U17's? Anyway enough 'remember when' stuff.

Thank you for the tip(s).

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Rabbia said:
I see. I've never been able to make use of emoticons, but I'll keep these X's and climate change tips in mind, thank you each Larabee (god I can remember when he was first introduced to the show), Easy and Tommy.

I did say "almost", re this year, but yea okay my bad. And Collingwood losing is just non-negotiable.

Do the younger guys know that one year (god help me I think it was '74 but it could have been '73) we won EVERY division? Like including U17's? Anyway enough 'remember when' stuff.

Thank you for the tip(s).
Was ‘73. My parents remembered it fondly, said the slogan for ‘74 was 4 more in ‘74.