Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure why people are calling for him to play midfield. Apart from the one off blind turn he is ineffective there. His best position is on the wing.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
When Pickett is our best your not a top 4 side
Sorry kids
Could well be true zippers. But the blame for that lies with the " better " players not Fish. Fish b doing his job, others b draggin the chain.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Our best last night. Didn't shirk a contest, ran his guts out and the only player that could stick a tackle.

Reactions: 2 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
He does not like body contact when the ball is in the air. It's a terrible look

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
You must have missed his mark in the VFL 2019
It doesn't explain why he repeatedly runs under the ball, or tries to punch without making contact with the body. The only time he has to do it is when the ball is kicked on his head

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Marlion is a dumb footballer. Brutal but dumb. He’s a great man for turning his life around but geez he makes so many dumb choices on the field. I still love him and he is an inspiration but it’s crazy watching him do some of the stuff he does. It makes no sense.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Marlion is a dumb footballer. Brutal but dumb. He’s a great man for turning his life around but geez he makes so many dumb choices on the field. I still love him and he is an inspiration but it’s crazy watching him do some of the stuff he does. It makes no sense.

Agree, but one thing you can always be assured of is that he will try his backside off. A few of his more illustrious teammates should take note.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Just need to nurse him through 64 more games to get our hands on those boys. Bookmark it, the second one (at least) will make it.

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Imho he escapes a lot of criticism for poor efforts he makes at times , no doubt he stays in with KMac out
I presume his role was to negate McCluggage .
Thought he did that well.
.McC has been very good against us and is a really good ball user into the forward 50.
Yes Marlion has weaknesses for an AFL player but is a good run with player.
As last night showed, if we are playing well he is a perfect fit, just when we struggle he can too.
Think Parker is similar and can play similar roles provided we are doing well enough to carry them.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I presume his role was to negate McCluggage .
Thought he did that well.
.McC has been very good against us and is a really good ball user into the forward 50.
Yes Marlion has weaknesses for an AFL player but is a good run with player.
As last night showed, if we are playing well he is a perfect fit, just when we struggle he can too.
Think Parker is similar and can play similar roles provided we are doing well enough to carry them.
Mcluggage had the most touches on the ground p and t , I can see why most love him and most importantly Dimma can :)) , however I see some really insipid efforts that Just seem to get glossed over . I may be on my own , however I think we can do better then Pickett, I actually prefer Parker already