Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mcluggage had the most touches on the ground p and t , I can see why most love him and most importantly Dimma can :)) , however I see some really insipid efforts that Just seem to get glossed over . I may be on my own , however I think we can do better then Pickett, I actually prefer Parker already
The only thing Parker has on Marls is that he’s younger.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Mcluggage had the most touches on the ground p and t , I can see why most love him and most importantly Dimma can :)) , however I see some really insipid efforts that Just seem to get glossed over . I may be on my own , however I think we can do better then Pickett, I actually prefer Parker already
Fair enough.
I will have to look closer at the replay.
Didn't think McC had much impact this game watching live so attributed that to Marlion efforts.
Previously he has been a problem.
Marlion certainly is not an A grader, like a few on our list, but he would be a bugger to play on.
He is like George and K Mac who serve great roles when the team is full of stars and winning but get exposed otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I think it's the opposite. In games we've struggled he's been one of the few bright spots. Fades into the background at times when we're going well.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I reckon he cost us at least 3 goals.
Hie running back to spoil twice cost us goals.
He was ordinary last night.
But has been good in the previous 3 weeks

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Marlion didn't have his best game but still has plenty of credits in the bank.
We will need his hardness and attack on the ball and opposition next week.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
He's almost the designated hurter!
Oppo look around to see where his is.
He may give away the odd free kick but when he tackles he hurts.
I reckon Beavis loves him because he reminds him of himself.
Certainly not as chatty but aggressive and physical to the oppo as Dimma was.
I reckon he is one of the first magnets (along with Nankenstein!) that goes on the board each week.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Just saw his jumper presentation to Matt Parker. Is it just me or do others find him very hard to understand? He looked nervous and uncomfortable in that public speaking role, as many people are of course. If he slowed down a bit it would help but English may not have been his language at home and may not have had much formal schooling. I've asked the club if they could help him in this area.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fish gives a way a few free kicks, so does Nank. I'm ok with that, because they intimidate the opposition.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just saw his jumper presentation to Matt Parker. Is it just me or do others find him very hard to understand? He looked nervous and uncomfortable in that public speaking role, as many people are of course. If he slowed down a bit it would help but English may not have been his language at home and may not have had much formal schooling. I've asked the club if they could help him in this area.
Yeah his voice is a bit hard to understand. Too much echo in the rooms didn't help. I wanted to see the video of MP waving to his kid via Skype or Whats App.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just need to nurse him through 64 more games to get our hands on those boys. Bookmark it, the second one (at least) will make it.
Lucky there's a new medical sub rule these days. Fish gets a bit creaky n tapers off into old age we can make him permanent sub. Some weeks he just warms up n rests, some weeks he just plays part games n occasionally he might have to play most of a game. Shouldn't be too difficult to nurse him to 100 games n first dibs at a bunch of kids who just might love following in dads AFL footsteps.

• Haha

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
This is not just a reaction to today’s game but over the season.

I just reckon he needs to be told that whenever he gets the ball - he should take the minimum number of steps to be sufficiently balanced to get a kick away - and then kick it long. And only handball if there’s absolutely no opportunity to get a kick away.

It’s when he has time and tries to be creative that it goes arseabout

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Slaughterd by a pensioner , yes little harsh .

Im just crying out for a wingman who can actually find a shitload of the ball and hit targets .

This is the way im looking at 2021 , all these pressure role players( that won flags) is not working for what ever reason now, I’d rather get games into Hugo when KMac comes back

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Slaughterd by a pensioner , yes little harsh .

Im just crying out for a wingman who can actually find a shitload of the ball and hit targets .

This is the way im looking at 2021 , all these pressure role players( that won flags) is not working for what ever reason now, I’d rather get games into Hugo when KMac comes back
The game has changed not allowing ball to be locked in it’s more freewheeling football

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
The game has changed not allowing ball to be locked in it’s more freewheeling football
True. Can carry one contested footy, hard running but unskilled winger but not two. Stick with McIntosh but trade Pickett back to WA.

Ball butcher, tries to do too much & isn’t tight on his man enough when he needs to be. Agree to playing Ralphsmith for the rest of the year on a wing instead.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
If we’re going to try to get him to 100 games, his sons better be absolute champions.