Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I hope he gets to 100 in the tiger’s sash too but I have a horrible feeling in my bones he’ll want to do a Kelly at year’s end.
Kelly was very in demand and much younger. Marlion’s 30 and probably only has a couple more years at high level.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Get him to 100 games so we can have 3 more flags.

A smoky for the brownlow, monty for the JD medal.
4 games and probs got a handful of 2 votes

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Great start to the year. Hope he can maintain the form as his role has become so critical to the way we play. Between Marlion and KMAC we have two really strong two-way runners that are prepared to push deep into defense. Love Marlions work rate when he does not have the ball. Becoming one of my favorite players.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Loving MPs form so much that I thinks it’s time to put on the old Relton Roberts number 50 gurnsey and wear it to the footy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to see Marlion playing the good footy that he is.
I reckon it has a fair bit to do with him and his family finally feeling more settled in Melbourne.

Reactions: 4 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I would seriously push this guy to 100 games,as he's got 3 boys,3 boys, imagine the possibilities in 10 years as they come through.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Marlion Jr is 11. Let's get them playing together, that'd have to be a first in the big league. Marlion just has to last to 38.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
Marlion has the skill set to make the impossible look easy
And sometimes the easy look impossible
Like others have said, love the way he glides across the turf
Effortless, but boy he hits hard,,diamond cutter shoulders

• Love

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Playing beautifully. Really light on his feet in traffic.

I feel like he used to get caught holding the ball a lot early on in his career. I have not noticed that this year.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
There's an unofficial rule that players don't actually find their feet at AFL level until 30-40 games, then they level up again after 60-70 to basically 80% of what they ever will be. It's hard to apply those rules to Marlion because he started much later. But last night was game 41 and I'll be damned if I've ever saw him look more at home and more confident. The crumb and left foot to Bakes. Wow. Everything below the knees is one touch at pace right now.

Others have said it and I agree, right now after three rounds he's top 5 in the JDM.
Yeh, the crumb at pace without a hint of fumble nor breaking stride. He's more silk than Burgoyne.

I reckon him and Broady would be 1/2 in the JDM right now.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I hope he gets to 100 in the tiger’s sash too but I have a horrible feeling in my bones he’ll want to do a Kelly at year’s end.
Won't happen unless he's had a major change of mind.

Has clearly said he wants to play his AFL career out at the Tigers. Loves the club and the connection with all the players.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Having an excellent season. Watched him in the warm up Saturday night, he was kicking left foot torpedoes over the netting behind the goals from the 50m line! That takes some serious skill.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Playing beautifully. Really light on his feet in traffic.

I feel like he used to get caught holding the ball a lot early on in his career. I have not noticed that this year.
used to notice he had a lot of trouble handballing once someone had made contact with him ,

likewise havent noticed it for a while now

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Love Marlion. All elbows & knees. Hits hard and now showing terrific skills.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users