Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Without wanting to anger the redneck gods of political correctness. What is the record for the number of aboriginal players in an AFL side, because I, like everyone else, expect Pickett to play AFL soon. And we can extend it to black players in general and then include Mabs and hold that record as well.

I ask this to make the point that we are blessed at the moment. We are blessed because our x factor players don't just flash into and out of a game and do awe inspiring things but they also play hard, tackle hard and impact above their weight. Normally you can't have too many light x factor players which is the aboriginal norm. Our guys aren't playing like that which is the only reason they get to play together not substitute for each other and which is why it will be a record.

Pickett and Stack are hard as nails, and the example they maintain for Daniel, Shai and Mabs, let alone the rest of the side, is incredibly important to RFC. Better than anything the coaches can say. And we paid so much to get this to the club.

Reactions: 2 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Get down to Olympic Park on Friday to welcome Marlion into the club!

430pm kickoff!

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
John Ralph reporting Marlion is back in WA due to a family tragedy so won't make his debut in VFL this week.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Spoke to a guy this week who is heavily involved at South Fremantle. FWIW he reckons Marlion is an absolute gun and has no doubt he will make the step up to AFL level. Hope the guy is right and can't wait to see what Marlion can do. You'd think they have used the time since the MSD to give him a mini-preseason and teach him our systems. Would be an amazing story if he comes through.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Supposed to be having his first run in the magoos next weekend. Plenty of time to get some match touch n hardness into him over the next few weeks n see if he's worth considering for finals this year. If not he'll have had a taste of Victorian footy then a full pre season to set him up for a proper chance to establish himself next year.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
30 + possies and 2 goals and he's in for the carlton game.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
I find it hard to believe he’ll play in the ones this year. He’s never played at the level, he’s never played in our team, he doesn’t know the game plan, he would have to be extremely special to dislodge a player who’s been in our system for a lot longer. It would be an amazing story if he did though.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I find it hard to believe he’ll play in the ones this year. He’s never played at the level, he’s never played in our team, he doesn’t know the game plan, he would have to be extremely special to dislodge a player who’s been in our system for a lot longer. It would be an amazing story if he did though.

Here @ Richmond. .... amazing stories are our specialty :)

Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Neither did Stackman. Until he did. He is. The story continues