Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Did anyone see what Eddie M said about Pickett?

Will be on Footy Classified tonight.

I got the end of the interview on Ch 9 and he said Pickett shouldn’t have been suspended. It was a fair bump.
I watched it. Eddie was using it as an example why crowds are down. Essentially implying we've had a gutful of the dumming down of the games and are hence staying away.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Rubbed out for a perfect hip and shoulder. No head contact and no injury so no report. A crock.
Aaahhh, but they ruled that there was a POTENTIAL to cause injury so the suspension had to stand. FMD there's a potential to cause injury to almost every aspect of a game of footy. Might as well just shut the whole comp down n everyone can go home, lie on their backs in the yard n watch clouds float by. Always remembering of course not to look in the direction of the sun, we don't want to risk a fried eye knacker.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The Age reporting Marlion has been given permission to take part in pre-game ‘celebrations’.

What a bloody insult.
a bloody insult indeed ..
'given permission'? woah .. those words take it somewhere i don't want it to go ..
Marlion will handle it though, he's got class ...

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did anyone see what Eddie M said about Pickett?

Will be on Footy Classified tonight.

I got the end of the interview on Ch 9 and he said Pickett shouldn’t have been suspended. It was a fair bump.
Just watched it now. The last camera shot from the Northern stand view showed Pickett hit him on the shoulder. Not in the head. Bloody hell. All views I saw looked like Pickett got him under the chin. Scapegoat.

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I watched it. Eddie was using it as an example why crowds are down. Essentially implying we've had a gutful of the dumming down of the games and are hence staying away.
Eddie's always been a fan at heart.

Reactions: 2 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Eddie was spot on. Seeing all those crystal clear multiple angle replays it was clear there was no contact to the head at any time either.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Eddie was spot on. Seeing all those crystal clear multiple angle replays it was clear there was no contact to the head at any time either.
Makes you wonder how many camera views do the MRP stooges use to assess.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
So did we attempt to argue that there was no head high contact at all? Or just try to downgrade the hit to low impact despite it being percevied as a head high hit by the MRP?

Edit - nevermind, just read on another thread we tried to argue the latter, which is bizarre. There must be some logic behind that position though otherwise why would they bother with that defence?

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
So did we attempt to argue that there was no head high contact at all? Or just try to downgrade the hit to low impact despite it being percevied as a head high hit by the MRP?

Edit - nevermind, just read on another thread we tried to argue the latter, which is bizarre. There must be some logic behind that position though otherwise why would they bother with that defence?
Certainly makes one wonder what game plan was

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
In the only replay I could find it wasn’t clear to me whether any part of Pickett’s shoulder connected with the Hawthorn player’s head or not, so I assumed that there must have been another angle from a grassy knoll that provided the evidence they needed to rub him out.

So they have suspended him because ‘it looked bad’ in their eyes, and not because of what he actually did.

What’s next? Some kind of minority report ‘pre crime’ tribunal where players will be suspended early after an algorithm determines that the way they play ‘might lead to an offence’.

I like others will be voting with my feet and my money; the AFL can jam it.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just watched it now. The last camera shot from the Northern stand view showed Pickett hit him on the shoulder. Not in the head. Bloody hell. All views I saw looked like Pickett got him under the chin. Scapegoat.

Uppity black fella, gotta rub them out according to the powers that be.

Not sure, but, are we allowed to challenge that aspect of the charge? Maybe the rules are such that we can only challenge the level of impact but if the match review monkey says he hit the head that can't be challenged.

DS

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tony Jones is the very epitome of a self aggrandising puppet hack and a poster child for everything that is shitt with sports media and the media in general.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland

Yup. Bizarre that they didn't argue it was at least debatable that high contact was made at all. Any video I saw was inconclusive at best. How do you rub a bloke out for MAYBE making high contact?