Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
From memory Soldo got done for a very soft fend off as he was walking to his position after a goal. His was also an action that had the potential to cause injury, according to the MRO. I’m not sure I’ve seen any other suspensions for ‘the potential to cause injury’. And Eddie is 100% accurate when he says decisions like that are why people are staying away.

soldo-challenge-1080.jpg

marlion.jpg

I think both suspensions were crazy. Soldo especially. The hawks player came at him.

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Although he will be devastated not to be out on the G for tomorrow night's special game (a real bummer, I reckon), I am pleased that Marlion gets to share in the pre-game formalities. His Brothers will play with pride for him. And I am sure the team will do proud the guernsey Pickett and his partner designed.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Pickett did the right thing, protecting his team mate going for the ball, he bumped an opponent by crouching to avoid high contact. Yet he gets pinged for this, absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to get a week you might as well concuss them, where's the incentive to crouch and try to do the right thing?

DS

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Pickett did the right thing, protecting his team mate going for the ball, he bumped an opponent by crouching to avoid high contact. Yet he gets pinged for this, absolutely ridiculous. If you're going to get a week you might as well concuss them, where's the incentive to crouch and try to do the right thing?

DS
Dav he even said it.
He hit him with a 3 force Pickett said.
Imagine hitting him with a 9 or 10.
He wouldve made him land in St Vincent's.
It's impossible to watch

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Missed out on playing in the strip he designed. A bit disappointing for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Marlion and KMac are our best wingers, by miles. Their defensive running and hardness are crucial.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing us experiment with Hugo or Shorty on a wing and Marlion in the guts. I think he could add something there.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Marlion and KMac are our best wingers, by miles. Their defensive running and hardness are crucial.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing us experiment with Hugo or Shorty on a wing and Marlion in the guts. I think he could add something there.
Agree. Our ageing mids need help at the drop of the ball - we've been beat up around the contest by Port and Swans in the last couple games. Short's helped out some but we need more and unfortunately our young mids in the 2's aren't stepping up. Some more re-shuffling (ie Stack back, Baker mid/fwd and Hugo wing, Marlion mid etc) could provide a boost of energy our midfield set up needs.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Agree. Our ageing mids need help at the drop of the ball - we've been beat up around the contest by Port and Swans in the last couple games. Short's helped out some but we need more and unfortunately our young mids in the 2's aren't stepping up. Some more re-shuffling (ie Stack back, Baker mid/fwd and Hugo wing, Marlion mid etc) could provide a boost of energy our midfield set up needs.
Marlion is the closest thing we have to Chimp in terms of inside violence and speed. Agree with all that shuffling. Broad on the wing is another possibility.