Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
something I'm curious about , he seems to attract unwanted attention

like fingers Cameron last week right back to Butler at the start of the season
Fear and Jealousy.
They know he is harder at the ball than they are.....and if it came down to an old fashioned blue he would have them covered there as well so they get in first with yappy mouths and cheap shots to raise their own inadequate egos.
Marlion has 90% of them covered on skill as well so that hurts even more.
They don't like that he doesn't look pretty or daddy didnt get them on a list like that ribbon of squib Silvagni... and he didnt finish school.
Chris Judd's weathergirl missus would complain to Dan Andrews if he moved into her suburb.
I love him.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Did he play enough games at Sth Freo to qualify for Freo F/S also? MRJ was also a Freo F/S chance based on Senior playing more than 150games
He played 98 games for S Fremantle not sure if that qualifies for future F/S
Must keep playing him till he reaches 100games

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If he doesn't get injured, he's easily good enough to play until the end of 2024. No serious injuries and he would then be close or have hit the 100 games. He should get to 56 before finals. Hopefully 4 finals, gets him to 60 then 20 games in each of 2023 and 2024 and then hey presto, come on down little Picketts.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Did he play enough games at Sth Freo to qualify for Freo F/S also? MRJ was also a Freo F/S chance based on Senior playing more than 150games
I'll stand corrected but I'm pretty sure that games played for the WAFL Freo teams do not qualify for F/S now that there is an actual Fremantle team in the AFL.

To clarify using a fictional example; Joe Bloggs plays 223 games for South Fremantle in the WAFL from 1999-2013. His son Jimmy does not qualify for Fremantle under F/S because Joe never played any games for Fremantle. The only way you can qualify for father/son at Freo now is if your dad played 100 games for them.

I'm pretty sure that Maurice Jnr only qualified for Fremantle as father/son, via Snr's South Fremantle games, as there was no actual Fremantle FC in the VFL at the time Snr was playing.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
If he doesn't get injured, he's easily good enough to play until the end of 2024. No serious injuries and he would then be close or have hit the 100 games. He should get to 56 before finals. Hopefully 4 finals, gets him to 60 then 20 games in each of 2023 and 2024 and then hey presto, come on down little Picketts.
Agree with this. His body hasn't been bashed around by years of AFL seasons and pre seasons and he has that lean and hard Michael Tuck type physique that seems to allow greater longevity. If his form holds up he could easily play to 34/35 which gives him another 3 seasons at least after this one to get to 100 games. I also reckon he'd be very keen to make up for the late start and make the absolute most of his opportunities and play as many AFL games as possible.

He has been in great form this year. Keep it up Marlion :clap2

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
50th game this week. 50 to go to get his boys on F/S

He has put together a pretty handy portfolio of 50 games imo. There wouldn‘t be many better - 2 premierships, 10% of his games played have been finals, winning 4 of them.

It’s remarkable that he plays like he is one of the more experienced players in the team.

• Haha

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
2 premierships in his 1st 20 games & none in his last 30.

FFS whats going on down there,

Are you even awake Balmey ??, do something man

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Marlion jnr should be eligible in about 6 years time

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Marlion jnr should be eligible in about 6 years time
He is 11 and Latrell is 10

Marlion is 30 but his body won’t be banged up like a normal 30 year old AFL player. You would think he would have another 3 in him at least.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I dont want to overstate it, this might sound weird.
But to me, he's got real leadership qualities. The silent type. He seems to almost want to play better when there's more indigenous players in the team - he seems to go out of his way to look for MJ or Daniel and to help make them better. Especially MJ. Both Marlion and Daniel seem to try everything possible to support MJ on the ground. Good hearts on them.

Someone posted earlier a fantastic comment about what a great overhead mark he is too. Tough, strong, natural footy instincts.

What an interesting person he is.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Thank christ he broke his finger before the draft. We might have still got him anyway, but most sides were looking for reasons not to draft him, thats all it took.

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He played 98 games for S Fremantle not sure if that qualifies for future F/S
Must keep playing him till he reaches 100games
Marlion is a very loyal person. Richmond gave him his opportunity but more than that remember that it was Richmond fans who crowd funded for him when he had his salary cut during the 2020 season with the COVID lockdown.
He is a life member as well. I just can’t see his kids playing anywhere else, if they are good enough and he reaches 100 games of course.

• Love

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Fear and Jealousy.
They know he is harder at the ball than they are.....and if it came down to an old fashioned blue he would have them covered there as well so they get in first with yappy mouths and cheap shots to raise their own inadequate egos.
Marlion has 90% of them covered on skill as well so that hurts even more.
They don't like that he doesn't look pretty or daddy didnt get them on a list like that ribbon of squib Silvagni... and he didnt finish school.
Chris Judd's weathergirl missus would complain to Dan Andrews if he moved into her suburb.
I love him.
Top post MJ.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He is 11 and Latrell is 10

Marlion is 30 but his body won’t be banged up like a normal 30 year old AFL player. You would think he would have another 3 in him at least.

Is his daughter older? Adding a f/d in Rioli in the coming couple of years, to add a Pickett to that would be good too.