Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Cool - they can be the first father and son to play in the same game
Marlion will be around 37-38 if Jnr gets drafted. It’s not beyond the realms! Wouldn’t that be something.

Burgoyne and Boomer played to 39 or thereabouts.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Marlion will be around 37-38 if Jnr gets drafted. It’s not beyond the realms! Wouldn’t that be something.

Burgoyne and Boomer played to 39 or thereabouts.
Its a reasonable chance. He missed a few years of footy so that should extend his career and is getting better every year.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looks to be super fit, which he needs to be with the role he plays. Reckon he'll finish top 5 in the B&F.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He has that wirey hard body type that will allow him to play for longer than most… he is also still lightning quick.
I can't remember who it was who said it but the quote was that Marlion was the most silent runner this person had come across. He runs so beautifully that there is no noise and noone hears him coming. :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I can't remember who it was who said it but the quote was that Marlion was the most silent runner this person had come across. He runs so beautifully that there is no noise and noone hears him coming. :)
Yeah he's smooth. Runs like Lewis Jetta, smoothest runner I've ever seen up close. Nicky Winmar was pretty good too.

• Love

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Don’t know if you could call it silent running but whenever Andrew McLeod decided to go for a run it was watching poetry in motion. Spell-binding stuff!

Marlion is a joy to watch. Like Jimmy Krakouer was too. They just do things that beggar belief.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Funny thing about the improvers of recent seasons is that we now wish we had 2 Picketts, 2 Bakers and 2 Boltons.

2 Dustys, 2 Baltas , 2 Prestias and 2 Daniel Riolis wouldn't go astray either :mhihi

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
With Pickett and KMac we have strong contests on the wings.
But.... we could do with an extra mid.
Prestia - Pickett - Cotch - Short - Bakes - Graham - Ross - Lambert is a seriously deep midfield. Leaves Dusty and Shai forward.

Does it risk messing with an in-form player?
Can we do it?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
With Pickett and KMac we have strong contests on the wings.
But.... we could do with an extra mid.
Prestia - Pickett - Cotch - Short - Bakes - Graham - Ross - Lambert is a seriously deep midfield. Leaves Dusty and Shai forward.

Does it risk messing with an in-form player?
Can we do it?
Not while half of them are injured

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I'll stand corrected but I'm pretty sure that games played for the WAFL Freo teams do not qualify for F/S now that there is an actual Fremantle team in the AFL.

To clarify using a fictional example; Joe Bloggs plays 223 games for South Fremantle in the WAFL from 1999-2013. His son Jimmy does not qualify for Fremantle under F/S because Joe never played any games for Fremantle. The only way you can qualify for father/son at Freo now is if your dad played 100 games for them.

I'm pretty sure that Maurice Jnr only qualified for Fremantle as father/son, via Snr's South Fremantle games, as there was no actual Fremantle FC in the VFL at the time Snr was playing.
Who is this Joe Bloggs you speak of and why do freo want him?

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
50th game for Marlion, great stuff, great story. Also Broadys 100th. Great recruiting from the WAFL.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
He has paid the club back for their faith in him in droves. I love that our club was confident enough in its systems to give this bloke the second chance he needed and so happy for him that he made the most of that second chance. Great football story.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
He has paid the club back for their faith in him in droves. I love that our club was confident enough in its systems to give this bloke the second chance he needed and so happy for him that he made the most of that second chance. Great football story.
His story will make it to the big screen

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
  • Haha

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
  • Haha