Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Caro's take last night was comical & factually wrong.
Shocked.

And she had a crack at Hardwick too because his apology after his VFL outburst wasn’t good enough ( for her). Even Cornes - who hates Richmond - told her she was going over the top.

She clearly has an axe to grind where Hardwick is concerned. She’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shocked.

And she had a crack at Hardwick too because his apology after his VFL outburst wasn’t good enough ( for her). Even Cornes - who hates Richmond - told her she was going over the top.

She clearly has an axe to grind where Hardwick is concerned. She’s embarrassing.
Wilson no longer has anyone within the RFC 4 walls leaking to her, hasn't had a Richmond scoop for ages.
She now just makes vindictive, made up stories and opinions.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wilson no longer has anyone within the RFC 4 walls leaking to her, hasn't had a Richmond scoop for ages.
I’ve been saying that for years Toooiigerman.

She’s always been a bitter, grudgy person that makes crap up to salve her dislike for certain people or defend incorrect positions on things.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Caro's take last night was comical & factually wrong.
She talks shitt sometimes
The AFL are watching Pickett because he hurts the opposition.
That would be the final nail I need to give up on this game.
Gilligan shouldn't wait till the end of the year he needs to find the exit now.
It's embarrassing

Reactions: 2 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Not since the possums were evicted!

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I don't think the fine was for that incident. Pretty sure it was against Mathieson but I haven't seen the footage.
No footage anywhere of either fine- Pickett or Cotchin. you wonder sometimes if the AFL is trying to hide things.

Reactions: 5 users

LachlanGrant

Tiger Rookie
Oct 26, 2007
Good days work for Pickett.
Got Bailey, clotheslined Robbo and roughed up Mathieson. All 3 who deserved it.
Just missed out on Zorko for the quaddie.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Brisbane sooks
AFL singling out Pickett and having his every move put under the microscope
Is pure RASCISM
To be honest, I don’t think it’s that. However, I do think him being in prison might have a bearing on how he gets treated. Just my opinion

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Caro on Footy Classified just said the AFL are not happy with his ‘rough’ tactics and will be spoken to.

Brisbane were also doing their best to get him suspended for the love tap on Bailey.

Geez a bump to the body now makes them "angered". Maybe don't play a physical sport then.

Ironic that this was against the same team that lacerated Dusty's kidney causing him a very serious injury and we didn't say anything, accepting that its part of playing a physical sport. Bailey, yes its hard to see a player coughing up blood, but as the doctors have said he's fine.

No idea why they are getting so upset about this, frankly a joke and shows up these soft *smile* at Brisbane as what we have suspected they are all along.

Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geez a bump to the body now makes them "angered". Maybe don't play a physical sport then.

Ironic that this was against the same team that lacerated Dusty's kidney causing him a very serious injury and we didn't say anything, accepting that its part of playing a physical sport. Bailey, yes its hard to see a player coughing up blood, but as the doctors have said he's fine.

No idea why they are getting so upset about this, frankly a joke and shows up these soft *smile* at Brisbane as what we have suspected they are all along.
Big rumours coming out of the Gabba this morning is that the old codger will get a wild card into Wimbledon next year.
6-0 6-0 no-one does it better

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It was funny last night on AFL 360 Robbo wanted to unleash on the **Fagan ( in Latin a cheap version of Pagan) but was scared but Pinoccio came out with 'would you *smile* off if Brisbane offered the job to Clarkson, a 'real' coach?. I thought Fagan fainted, he even referred to Pinoccio as Robbo , that's how bamboozled he was.
They will go out either 1st, (because Carlton & Freo are there might win one, but see ya later week 2.
They have no chance against anyone on the G and Sydney will slapp them on the SCG.
6 yrs, past players aren't happy. The heat will come.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Marlion is tough, carved out of a hunk of granite, and is can get physical and hit hard, there is no denying that. But the relentless scrutiny, fines, and targetting by opposition players trying to make a name for themselves is racism and discrimination.

The AFL talk a big game on anti-racism and footy fairytales, but the elite private school boys club remain ignorant, racist and snobby. They don't understand black people, or poor people. They try and hire a couple of people who do, but they call the shots. They look at Marlion, a poor, black, uneducated ex-convict and are suspicious and uncomprehending.

Marlion hits someone, legally or illegally, its because he's undisciplined, violent, lacking moral fibre. Jeremey Cameron or Tom Hawkins hit someone, fine upstanding western district white private school boys, legally or illegally, its out of character, they are sorry, its an accident, all part of footy.

The AFL power elite have only ever hung out with other rich white people. They don't mean to do it, they just don't get it, they don't know they're doing it. That's how racism and discrimination works.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Anger that Bailey was moving away from the ball and initiated contact with PIckett? Or anger that Bailey jabbed Pickett first?
SEN news this morning stated that Pickett was lucky to be free to play after his hit on Bailey which caused the Brisbane player to spend the night in hospital coughing up blood.

I thought only an experienced financial consultant can take facts and turn them into something they’re not. I guess news readers are pretty good at it too.

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Their problem is culture. They have the AFL's biggest sook as Captain in Dorko. He is the king of goading opposition players and whingeing/playing for frees. He is a super talented player (on the wane now) but clearly doesn't think he can do it on his talent alone. They have 3 so called key forwards who all play more like oversized flankers and one who plays with a dopey *smile* eating grin that would drive me nuts as a teammate. They have apparenmtly the leagues best small forward who performs everywhere but when it matters. And it obviously extends to the administration, they haven't owned any key losses as far as I can tell. From their coach quoting stats to somehow indicate they morally won a game to whingeing about this incident it exposes a pretty fragile organisation.

The only players I'd want from that place are Zac Bailey and K Coleman. Raynor is playing better this year but isn't the match winner many commentators make him out to be.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Marlion is tough, carved out of a hunk of granite, and is can get physical and hit hard, there is no denying that. But the relentless scrutiny, fines, and targetting by opposition players trying to make a name for themselves is racism and discrimination.

The AFL talk a big game on anti-racism and footy fairytales, but the elite private school boys club remain ignorant, racist and snobby. They don't understand black people, or poor people. They try and hire a couple of people who do, but they call the shots. They look at Marlion, a poor, black, uneducated ex-convict and are suspicious and uncomprehending.

Marlion hits someone, legally or illegally, its because he's undisciplined, violent, lacking moral fibre. Jeremey Cameron or Tom Hawkins hit someone, fine upstanding western district white private school boys, legally or illegally, its out of character, they are sorry, its an accident, all part of footy.

The AFL power elite have only ever hung out with other rich white people. They don't mean to do it, they just don't get it, they don't know they're doing it. That's how racism and discrimination works.
Great post. :clap1

Reactions: 1 users