Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Richmond should be talking with Private Schools ( Melbourne Grammar , Scotch , Xavier , St Kevins) or who ever we have connections with to get the pickett boys scholarships.

Most Private Schools offer indigenous scholarships and wouldnt be hard to convince them these boys will be playing AFL in the future and these schools love their boys becoming elite athlete's that promote their schools
Richmond actually have an association with Caulfield Grammar now.
We had 3 indigenous boys from our NGA boarding there the last few years

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Richmond actually have an association with Caulfield Grammar now.
We had 3 indigenous boys from our NGA boarding there the last few years
Cyril Rioli went to Scotch............

Football skill aside ............ not sure he paid much attention to values :unsure::eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Richmond should be talking with Private Schools ( Melbourne Grammar , Scotch , Xavier , St Kevins) or who ever we have connections with to get the pickett boys scholarships.

Id be enrolling them at Rockingham High,

And hoping like *smile* they're through with school by year 10

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Fox footy just showed 2019 GF. It was to highlight Dusty's play I guess as the title was Fox Footy Legends: Martin.

So naturally I watch the match. When Dusty passes to Marlion and he kicks a goal in his first match (which happens to be the GF), I get all teary eyed. Again! Gets me every time!

What special a moment. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Fox footy just showed 2019 GF. It was to highlight Dusty's play I guess as the title was Fox Footy Legends: Martin.

So naturally I watch the match. When Dusty passes to Marlion and he kicks a goal in his first match (which happens to be the GF), I get all teary eyed. Again! Gets me every time!

Damn straight! Plus. I love this guy. Hard as a goats head. Works hard in running both ways. Tackles. Never leaves the field without having a crack. How fortunate we were to get him. Have to get him to 100 games. He has some sons. Need to make sure we have a father/son opportunity.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Reckon Brian Taylor got it bang on too in referring to the “very kind gesture” by Dusty
Summed up Dusty
Great finish by Marlion
Footy is a fickle business given that a week prior there was no certainty about Picket playing
And now it’s Tiger folklore

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Good thing Marlion slotted it, wouldve been a shattered perfect moment. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I get………….excited every time I watch the blind turn. That and “the” goal is right up there’s as one of the best moments I’ve had watching the Tiges.

• Love

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Reckon Brian Taylor got it bang on too in referring to the “very kind gesture” by Dusty
Summed up Dusty
Great finish by Marlion
Footy is a fickle business given that a week prior there was no certainty about Picket playing
And now it’s Tiger folklore
If only he'd be as generous to the footy media...

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
I get………….excited every time I watch the blind turn. That and “the” goal is right up there’s as one of the best moments I’ve had watching the Tiges.
Pity we've seen very few blind turns from him since. Probably been told they are risky at AFL level, likely to result in a turnover and opposition goal. Another example of individual flair being lost to the game in favour of more 'security'.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Pity we've seen very few blind turns from him since. Probably been told they are risky at AFL level, likely to result in a turnover and opposition goal. Another example of individual flair being lost to the game in favour of more 'security'.
Or he just hasn't needed to do one...

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Rewatched the movie “Invincible” (the Mark Wahlberg movie where he played a guy named Vince PaPale who went from being a 30 yr old bartender to playing for NFL for Philly , and whilst a true story I’ve no idea how fictionalised this movie was) and it made me think if Australia ever made sports movies that Marlions story would be an excellent choice.

Reactions: 12 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Really looking forward to watching Marlion this season. He got drafted midseason in 2019, and then Covid stuffed things up early in 2020. Reckon he and the family will have finally been able to settle in.
He'll tear it up this season.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
His got better every year for me great sign super important on the wing still underestimated I reckon.

Reactions: 1 users