Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Had an impact BUT had 8 touches in the first quarter and 2 across the second and third. Cleary ran out of puff. The sub was the right call.

There was talk that he was fit as a fiddle while training remotely and then came back and Ceaser's good oil told us that he was in rehab a fair bit.

We need the first-quarter Pickett across the entire game. He's an interesting watch, how fit is he?
He blew a gasket after half time.
Treadmill job.
3 qtr time couldn't come quick enough.
If we are to challenge this year we need Pickett 110% fit. He looked about 35% on thurzdey night.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
I dont disagree at all. but his impact definitely waned after a huge 1st quarter.
I've said it before, but the way he sags off, just waiting for a player to get suckered in to kick it to a team mate over Marlion's head......and he's just there leaping and taking the mark in front.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Huge 1st quarter.
Massive last quarter. Helped to turn the tide with some great solo efforts.
Looking forward to seeing a full 4 quarter game.

Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Huge 1st quarter.
Massive last quarter. Helped to turn the tide with some great solo efforts.
Looking forward to seeing a full 4 quarter game.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play more minutes in the midfield.

If Hopper misses next week, put Pickett in there and bring in Clark to take his wing spot.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Shame the kick was smothered after his piercing run through the guts. Apart from his debut, we've pretty much used Marlion as a defensive player. I think we're going to see him go to another level offensively this year.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
He really does play AFL like a country footballer which is both a strength and a weakness.

Had my heart in my mouth at his approach a couple of times today. He walks a fine line between brutal and illegal.

Fantastic when it goes well, but there's no doubt he's going to see MRP action at regular intervals.

• Sad

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He really does play AFL like a country footballer which is both a strength and a weakness.

Had my heart in my mouth at his approach a couple of times today. He walks a fine line between brutal and illegal.

Fantastic when it goes well, but there's no doubt he's going to see MRP action at regular intervals.
Doesn’t matter - love how he plays. He hurts the opposition.

Reactions: 7 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
How good is he at either intercepting marks or at least killing a marking contest on the wing

Reactions: 4 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Another MAJOR reason we got todays win..As important a player in our team as anyone.
Dusty Jack and Cotch might get all the love but Marlion is the better player theze last 3 years

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
ive said this before, but he would be a nightmare match up

so tough, so athletic,

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
a rough diamond and one of the greatest movers in the game

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Underrated pace , so important to us in the way we want to play , I’m liking the KFC 3 wing pack , Pickett, Kmac and Shorty , like that Shorty ads something different to the hard working defensive wings

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Thought both our wingers were great in Adelaide. Yes, they both drifted in and out of the game a bit but gee they both run hard and have great closing speed. Pickett's 3 efforts in that culminated in that pass to Lynch and goal was the individual highlight of the match!

Reactions: 3 users