Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Must've copped one up the backside from the coach going by that great effort in the last quarter.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Nafe Brown just highlighted some key passages of play by Marlion in the last quarter which were key in us winning that game.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Awesome ToO.

First time I've seen that.
He is a ripper this bloke.
Was since Day 1. What a Day!

What I am starting to notice now.
As he more and more acclimatizes to the pace of the game he is timing his attacks on the ball (and the man :)) ) better and sticking the tackles and dispossessing the oppo.
2 years ago a lot of these were ending in frees and reports/suspensions.
Now he is just cleanly, legally, nailing blokes.

Putting a wonderful CV together, young Marly.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Awesome ToO.

First time I've seen that.
He is a ripper this bloke.
Was since Day 1. What a Day!

What I am starting to notice now.
As he more and more acclimatizes to the pace of the game he is timing his attacks on the ball (and the man :)) ) better and sticking the tackles and dispossessing the oppo.
2 years ago a lot of these were ending in frees and reports/suspensions.
Now he is just cleanly, legally, nailing blokes.

Putting a wonderful CV together, young Marly.
agree totally. He and Kmac do alot, when we get Tim, Jacob & Dion working as one, our output will take many giant leaps forward. They are BUILDING.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Pickett was awesome in that last quarter.
Herculean even

What no one is talking about

Marlion Pickett is one of Richmond’s more important players.

He is an enormously underrated wingman who does the team things so well and puts his body on the line.

Pickett’s final quarter of seven disposals, three inside 50s and two goal assists was immense. His non tangible efforts (one percenters) were just as impressive.

Source: SEN

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Love this bloke. Would like to see him have a proper run on the ball. Could he be the player we send to someone who is off the chain i.e Bont last night?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Love this bloke. Would like to see him have a proper run on the ball. Could he be the player we send to someone who is off the chain i.e Bont last night?
Now there's a thought worthy of some deeper consideration. Foosh can be a bit fiddly with the ball at times out in the open where he can sometimes be searching for his options before he's taken the ball. Would love to see him tried a few times in the heat n congestion of the mid where often it's bloody scrappy n clunky anyway. Rangy raw boned hard arsed bastard who could offer the ability to force the ball into a bit of space could be a fun watch.
We already know the flying mullet Bailey Sniff is dead set scared of him, reckon he might be able to put the frighteners up a few more rising young superstar short steppers.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
His first game played top notch as a mid fielder in a GRAND FINAL. Never played there again since. Why oh why

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Marlion continues to fly the Tiger flag every match and yesterday was no exception. He is so versatile and never lets us down. BTW, I am surprised Marlion wasn't cited for a small bump on a Dog he made yesterday but if it is not him being cited then it is Lynch and I suppose it is Lynch's turn.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Star. Leave him on the wing. His running is phenomonal.

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Star. Leave him on the wing. His running is phenomonal.
Captain Hindsight here...shouda been put on the Bont to slow down his influence...spesh that last Q...
The woofers best player going and doing what he pleased...as coach I wouda done it...

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You see it on players he plays on. Cruising happily along, and then they see Marlion gliding alongside them, and the panic spreads over their faces.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users