Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Foosh Junior No 1 is a Tiger tragic like us already. Got to get the big Foosh to 100 games so we can draft Latrell and co. All the rest keep having girls which is not gonna help the men’s team.
Imagine a team of marlions. AFL exec end of season party committee already rubbing their hands together.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Didn’t have many possessions on the day but when he did they were A grade quality
When we were under the pump in the last he kicked to Prestia who marked and kicked goal Then to win us the game roved to RYan who tapped it down Marlion he burst through 2 tigers one was Dusty owning the moment to run and kick goal that put us in front to win the game
Marlion took his opportunities it wasn’t quantity it was quality first class
Well done Marlion. Rippa game :clap2 :clap2

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
He took the situation into his own hands . Awesome effort
Unlike others who handball for the sake of handballing and soiling there shorts
Big lesson learnt in last minute of the game
Own the moment , and don’t soil your jocks

THIS!!! (except for its *their)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
One constant about Marlion, from his debut Grand Final blind turn to his match winner in the last 30secs yesterday, is that he seems unable to celebrate. He's very much like a 60s or 70s footballer in that way. Just gets on with the job with little fanfare.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Your kidding aren’t you . The situation with handballs continually missing targets as players handball for the sake of handballing is laughable . Hugo biggest culprit!!! . Hugo and Clarke two biggest soilers in the team . Watch the replay . Mind boggling
When you have anything positive to say about anything let me know. I’ll throw a party

I’m not talking about missing targets but you basically calling players scared. That’s *smile*

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Didn’t have many possessions on the day but when he did they were A grade quality
When we were under the pump in the last he kicked to Prestia who marked and kicked goal Then to win us the game roved to RYan who tapped it down Marlion he burst through 2 tigers one was Dusty owning the moment to run and kick goal that put us in front to win the game
Marlion took his opportunities it wasn’t quantity it was quality first class
Well done Marlion. Rippa game :clap2 :clap2
Just wish he could this more often. SIck of seeing him play like a part-timer. Wasted talent IMO.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Lattrell Pickett - Richmond legend in 2040s

View attachment 19495

Interesting comment about Dimma....
View attachment 19496

Thank you for the above TF.

Wish we had a few more Marlion Picketts in our side even though a recent rule ‘interpretation “ has made him look on from the outside as ‘timid’ these days!

Still prefer him in the centre or wing. That’s why I wish we had two, heck a third wouldn’t go astray playing forward.

How many ‘boys’ does he have?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Thank you for the above TF.

Wish we had a few more Marlion Picketts in our side even though a recent rule ‘interpretation “ has made him look on from the outside as ‘timid’ these days!

Still prefer him in the centre or wing. That’s why I wish we had two, heck a third wouldn’t go astray playing forward.

How many ‘boys’ does he have?
Just wish he would show 100% effort in most games instead of this 'part-timer' perception I get. However, I suppose reading between the lines in what he said here, is that he just follows whatever the coaches tell him to do (i.e. utility playing here, there and anywhere instead of cementing one spot and become professional at it), so maybe that is the problem. Good to hear that he can keep playing on, hopefully to mid-30s. He's got 3 sons: Marlion Jnr, Lattrell and Levy. Hopefully all 3 guns for us in future years.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Marlion on 69 games - Is it 11 to go for this season? and gets to 80 by seasons end.
Would expect the Club to offer him a one year contract. So needs to play 20 games next year.
The only real threat to that could be the MRO. We know they have him on a watchlist.

• Haha
  • Sad

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marlion on 69 games - Is it 11 to go for this season? and gets to 80 by seasons end.
Would expect the Club to offer him a one year contract. So needs to play 20 games next year.
The only real threat to that could be the MRO. We know they have him on a watchlist.

That fact that he didn't start playing AFL until he was 27 would mean his body is in better condition than most 27yo players who have been in the system. Reckon there's another 3 years left in him, but you're right, getting him to 100 is key to our future success.

Last edited:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
#3 forward is a very tough position to play. Marlion has ability in each of the big categories. Very few do. He can jump and hit the air ball. He can crumb. And he can hunt. They are all looking for him.

Pickett will have garnered some much needed belief from his terrific burst.

By definition #3 forward is not the dominant forward. Cameos are all we need provided our man can compete in the air and bring the heat. A bit more of each of those with the some brilliant moments against better opposition and he becomes an elite #3 forward. He's close. Two years at that level buys his family a house.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not many better 7 possession games I can remember.

Ultimately we always know he can go back to a wing and do well. Can understand why he is playing the role he is right now.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
#3 forward is a very tough position to play. Marlion has ability in each of the big categories. Very few do. He can jump and hit the air ball. He can crumb. And he can hunt. They are all looking for him.

Pickett will have garnered some much needed belief from his terrific burst.

By definition #3 forward is not the dominant forward. Cameos are all we need provided our man can compete in the air and bring the heat. A bit more of each of those with the some brilliant moments against better opposition and he becomes an elite #3 forward. He's close. Two years at that level buys his family a house.

Good post Jack, I just posted on anther thread that our forward line looked a lot better against GWS, Marlion is a big reason for that.

Just wish he would show 100% effort in most games instead of this 'part-timer' perception I get.

My take on Marlion is that he has had to change the way he plays the game.
With the focus on head knocks, Marlion could spend a lot of time out with suspensions. He has either been told by the coaches, or he knows that he has to either, stop the hip and shoulders or be very careful when he does see the opportunity.
Marlion is an intimidator, an old fashioned footballer, the way he is having to play the game now is not natural to him.

Reactions: 9 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Good post Jack, I just posted on anther thread that our forward line looked a lot better against GWS, Marlion is a big reason for that.

My take on Marlion is that he has had to change the way he plays the game.
With the focus on head knocks, Marlion could spend a lot of time out with suspensions. He has either been told by the coaches, or he knows that he has to either, stop the hip and shoulders or be very careful when he does see the opportunity.
Marlion is an intimidator, an old fashioned footballer, the way he is having to play the game now is not natural to him.
Perfectly said.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I love this bloke
I would love Marlion to get to 100 games.

I have watched his path, from his debut in the VFL and believed we had a ‘real ‘ tough player.

I would be rapt for him if the club gave him 2 years at seasons end.

You know Marlion would give his all for the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users