Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I can’t find any Premiership beer anywhere? Where did you get it?

Dan Murphys........ pick the closest one and give'm a call. If they say they haven't got it ask them to check where it's available. Customer service. .... make them work for your patronage!

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

I bought 2 slabs online boozebud.com

Haven't been delivered yet but should get them in the next few days. It's highway robbery when you include delivery fee but I couldn't be bothered running all over town trying to find them.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Picked mine up this arvo from my corner Liquorland. Asked on Sunday n they said their allocation would be coming in sometime Thurs arvo, no idea how many n wouldn't hold a slab aside. Dropped in on my way home n grabbed a slab then sent my Geelol brother a couple of picks of my 17 / 19 souvenir cans.

Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Back to Pickett

How does the system work as regards the minimum pay for him on being a mid year draft

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I really, really like the part where he's the first player in 67 years to win a Premiership in his first game. :cupgold

No matter what he does from here he'll be a Richmond story for the ages.

That said am tipping there's plenty of this story yet to run...

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I bet Pickett didn't expect he would have two premiership medals, one VFL and one AFL plus the BOG in the FVL final when he was overlooked at the seasons draft in 2018. If he never plays top level (very unlikely IMO) her can look back on a magical season for ever

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Back to Pickett

How does the system work as regards the minimum pay for him on being a mid year draft

Was it on PRE that I read it or maybe somewhere else. He would be on $80000 next year plus game payments of $5000 per week.
That is very very good value.....

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Was it on PRE that I read it or maybe somewhere else. He would be on $80000 next year plus game payments of $5000 per week.
That is very very good value.....

I recall reading somewhere that the $80K which is the base rate for a rookie also does not count in the salary cap, might be wrong there but, if so, a definite advantage.

DS

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Could be a little bit of Ian Stewart in that blind turn. Is it too soon to talk of a Brownlow after one game?

• Wow

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Could be a little bit of Ian Stewart in that blind turn. Is it too soon to talk of a Brownlow after one game?
Would certainly add to the folklore if he could take Charlie home after his first full AFL season.
What a story it would be if he plays till he's 37 like Silk Burgoyne, and he and Marlion Junior play together with the Mighty Tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Had somenone today trying to convince me that his GF was a flash in the pan.

From what i saw, there is no damned way that is the case. His football IQ it totally off the scale. It's not his blind turn that convinces me of that. There were so many little nothing things he did that you know would have turned out differently with almost any other footballer. An example is running along the boundary with a player coming in at him and shoving him over the line. Anyone else and that kick goes 20 rows back into the stand. Pickett adjusts himself to hook the ball back into play as the shove takes place.

Receives the ball in the forward line and knows he won't avoid the tackler. Most would get caught with it, but he handballs out in front, but not just in front asd another GWS player would have taken possession. He handballs so the ball is travelling at an angle that wrong foots the second player, but allows himself to get the ball to Bolton, who is also under pressure. The two of them weave "black man" magic under extreme pressure resulting in them getting the ball to Ellis 15m clear, who funbled it. That was their only mistake, involving a white man in a black man's dance.

His ability ot read the ball around clearances is sublime. Bearing in mind he's used to the wide open WA grounds, the VFL grounds would not have suited him at all. Once he was in the open expanses of the MCG, he stood out like a beacon. He's not overly blessed wih pace, but his mind is light year ahead which buys him space.

Lastly, how many players would you trust to take into a GF with as little football as he had at either VFL or AFL level to learn our game style. Id say sweet FA, but this guy is just different.

He's a football Einstein.

The real beauty is thatin Shane Edwards, we also have Neils Bohr

Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

From what i saw, there is no damned way that is the case. His football IQ it totally off the scale. It's not his blind turn that convinces me of that. There were so many little nothing things he did that you know would have turned out differently with almost any other footballer. An example is running along the boundary with a player coming in at him and shoving him over the line. Anyone else and that kick goes 20 rows back into the stand. Pickett adjusts himself to hook the ball back into play as the shove takes place.

Receives the ball in the forward line and knows he won't avoid the tackler. Most would get caught with it, but he handballs out in front, but not just in front asd another GWS player would have taken possession. He handballs so the ball is travelling at an angle that wrong foots the second player, but allows himself to get the ball to Bolton, who is also under pressure. The two of them weave "black man" magic under extreme pressure resulting in them getting the ball to Ellis 15m clear, who funbled it. That was their only mistake, involving a white man in a black man's dance.

His ability ot read the ball around clearances is sublime. Bearing in mind he's used to the wide open WA grounds, the VFL grounds would not have suited him at all. Once he was in the open expanses of the MCG, he stood out like a beacon. He's not overly blessed wih pace, but his mind is light year ahead which buys him space.

Lastly, how many players would you trust to take into a GF with as little football as he had at either VFL or AFL level to learn our game style. Id say sweet FA, but this guy is just different.

Yep. Bloke just plays footy, simple as that. Stacka's another one, just plays the game as it unfolds in front of him. It's not pace or power, it's a natural awareness of what's happening and where's it going without having to cogitate about it. Puts them a second ahead of most others in the game. Jaaack n Dusty are similar in their awareness n understanding of what's going on around them.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

How can it be a flash in the pan when he’s only played 1 game and hasn’t played again since that game?

And didn’t he win a BOG in a granny the week before ? (Albeit a vfl gf)