Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
80-1 to win the Brownlow seems like Robin Hood has turned his hand to bookmaking

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can't wait to see Marlion, Stackman and Shai dance in the middle of the G together
Dancing with the stars.
Shedda n Fish.
Stacka n Sausage.
Shai n Eggsy.

Vote now for your favourite couple.

• Love

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ceiling with Pickett is so high in 2020.

Everything pointing to an a Tim Kelly like impact.

Consider that. Could see Dusty deep forward more often.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Among all the exciting prospects to look forward to I'm more excited about Marlion than anyone else.
In that Grand Final he stood out like an absolute beacon of light in the biggest pressure cooker there is.
His first freakin game.
We know the guy can play. Couple that with a professional training program & sky is the limit.
I cannot bloody wait to watch him week in, week out.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Getting a funny feeling this guy is going to crush it in 2020.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Among all the exciting prospects to look forward to I'm more excited about Marlion than anyone else.
In that Grand Final he stood out like an absolute beacon of light in the biggest pressure cooker there is.
His first freakin game.
We know the guy can play. Couple that with a professional training program & sky is the limit.
I cannot bloody wait to watch him week in, week out.

he did. He was exciting. The only caveat though is that we were pretty much playing unopposed, even though it was a Grand Final. It'll be entertaining to see if he can keep weaving his magic against tougher opponents. I reckon we'll come out on top, but he'll get caught a few times.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Marlion and Stack walk into our best side in 2020.

And we got them both for nigh on nothing ................

:))

Just on that what happened to young Rhaiarn Cox from WA was touted by Suma Magic as another Stacky type that we were apparantly looking at that has apparantly found his way to the Casey Scorpions .................

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
he did. He was exciting. The only caveat though is that we were pretty much playing unopposed, even though it was a Grand Final. It'll be entertaining to see if he can keep weaving his magic against tougher opponents. I reckon we'll come out on top, but he'll get caught a few times.

True but the advantage Pickett has, and Ross, RCD (when he gets a run) is that they will most likely standing the centre bounce with a Prestia, Cotch etc alongside them.

It will be awhile yet before they get much attention.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I know I should probably wash my mouth out with soap, but even Dusty gets caught sometimes. Fish should be more than fine, he simply adds another layer of quality to an already premium mid field ( chumpion data are *smile* ) Presty, Dusty, Cotch, Shedda, Fish, Lamblett, Cadds, Higlet, Fridge, JR, Stacka, Shai, Sausage will all get a look n run through our midfield at various times during games. Opposition sides will be turning themselves inside out trying to figure out who's doin what during a game.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne

The thing I always question whenever this argument is bandied around - and its not the first time - is even when you consider the state of play and the result, there were 21 other Richmond players under the exact same scenario yet none of them barring Dusty and maybe Houli who had a better game than Marlion Pickett.

Even then consider the calibre of some of those players that didn't even poll votes!!!

Also, the week before he won the Norm Goss in a pressure cooker VFL Grand Final, also among some stella names.

IMO, ts just too easy to jump to conclusion that he only did well because we had an easy game.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The thing I always question whenever this argument is bandied around - and its not the first time - is even when you consider the state of play and the result, there were 21 other Richmond players under the exact same scenario yet none of them barring Dusty and maybe Houli who had a better game than Marlion Pickett.

Even then consider the calibre of some of those players that didn't even poll votes!!!

Also, the week before he won the Norm Goss in a pressure cooker VFL Grand Final, also among some stella names.

IMO, ts just too easy to jump to conclusion that he only did well because we had an easy game.
Plus when the game was hot in the first half he played very well. He was one of catalysts in the 2nd quarter surge.
I know it was vfl but he was also one of the main instigators in the come back against Essendon a few weeks before. That mark !!!
I just get the feeling he is a big game player, the hotter it gets the more he likes it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I suspect teams will quickly focus on applying increased tackle pressure on him and he will find the going tough.

It will be interesting to see how Fish goes this season. Opponents will certainly focus on him a lot more, but i'm very confident that teams trying to apply increased pressure on him, will find the going very tough.