Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It's the HUN, they just make stuff up.

Looking forward to Aus Story on Monday, should be good.

DS

If any other club picked him, he would never played in the GF and never now be a premiership player.
Then there’s no feel good story
Funny how things work out

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If any other club picked him, he would never played in the GF and never now be a premiership player.
Then there’s no feel good story
Funny how things work out
Yep.
Fish basically comes from nowhere n face plants into a premiership first game n a sporting story for the ages.
Figgy a gun junior walks out on his first club who then go on to win a threepeat. Grows into a champion player for near 300 games over 15 years, coaches a contending side for another eight years n wins Nada, Zip, Sweet Fanny Addams n a story of shoulda, woulda, coulda, oops.
*smile* life is strange sometimes.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Figgy a gun junior walks out on his first club who then go on to win a threepeat. Grows into a champion player for near 300 games over 15 years, coaches a contending side for another eight years n wins Nada, Zip, Sweet Fanny Addams n a story of shoulda, woulda, coulda, oops.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Herald Sun today says an AFL recruiter was overruled by his CEO from recruiting Marlon due to that clubs salary cap ?

I'm gonna take a wild guess that it was the Cats.

Kelly played with Marlion and was a massive wrap for him.

Recruiters arent mugs there and they probably identified Marlion and wanted to have a crack as he was quality but more importantly as he was a friend of Tim Kelly as it could help them keep Kelly at the club I reckon.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
I reckon it was Geelong,it wouldn’t have been Salary Cap cost for a mid-Season draft Rookie was $50,000 &$20,000 Severance if given the flick at the end of the year,& I think both could be paid OUTSIDE the Salary cap....no.....problem for Geelong they didn’t have a spot on their list for the MSD.I seem to remember Salty whinging about so many of the other teams having a pick.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I remember last year people asking who will be our Towner this year ,

we had no idea what was going to unfold , and in the end A much bigger fairy tale than Towner .

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I still get choked up with Marlion's story, and what a story it is.
I'm so happy for him, and extremely proud of the the club for giving him a chance.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Some players look like they're going to hurt you... and then they do. Love the way he plays.

Would ~20 possessions ave in the midfield be the expectation?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Impressed by how hard he is. Something not really on display against the witches hats in our Grand Final. He gave DeGouey a very nice hip and shoulder in the first which took the wind out of him.

If I was an opposition player and saw Stack and Marlion bearing down from both sides, I'd throw the ball up and run away.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Wet Coke probably cap locked especially if they were saving a big chunk for the Kelly deal. Laughable considering they had both Kelly n the Fish in the back pocket for free if they'd had half a functioning brain in recruiting.

They also couldve had Stackie.

Kelly, Stackmann, and Marlion in the West Coast 22 would make them near unbeatable through the middle with Shuey, Gaff, Sheed, Yeo and Nic Nat.

Thankfully they dont have em all and Stackie and Marlion are Tigers.