Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I thought he was just okay. But maybe after the GF my expectations are too high.
I thought he did pretty well.

In a team that was in second gear he was far from the worst. As others have pointed out, his pressure acts and tackles were right up there.

He's like the team, will be better for the run.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Just rewatched the game minus the red I were drinking last night and my above comment was wrooong!, Marlion acquitted himself well in his 2nd game

His laconic disposition can project as a casual approach if you are only looking for a constant dynamic energy. But when it’s his time to go, he goes alright. Like a cat sitting on your lap that suddenly sees a mouse, he’s off

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
His laconic disposition can project as a casual approach if you are only looking for a constant dynamic energy. But when it’s his time to go, he goes alright. Like a cat sitting on your lap that suddenly sees a mouse, he’s off
As long as he's not extending the claws for extra traction on take off.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Besides that play to get the ball to Bolton.
I barely noticed him.
Im not expecting him to be our best 5 players.
So im not stressed

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He seems to be an unobtrusive type of player that suddenly does something or impacts unexpectedly and makes you sit up and take notice, and expect more.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Poise, poise poise. Just a joy to watch.
You can' train it you have to inherit it. And he is one tough tackling mother. He is just going to be a wealth of glorious little touches in traffic in the midfield.
And this is while he gets up to speed in the AFL game.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
From someone at the club, the two best performers on the track in actual game play this summer, Dusty and Marlion. Then daylight.

As low key as it has been externally, internally the club are buzzing about what he can be.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Should we start a GoFundMe account for Marlion and his family? It seems wrong after the amount of pleasure he has brought to Tiger and AFL fans.

Anyone know how?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Reactions: 7 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Should we start a GoFundMe account for Marlion and his family? It seems wrong after the amount of pleasure he has brought to Tiger and AFL fans.

Anyone know how?

Sad story, just when he thought a lot of the hardships were behind him.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Anyone know how?

Tough for the bloke. Wouldnt the highest paid players whip around and sling him $30-40K to tide him over? 6 highest earners $5K or $6K each?

Or the Club could make at a membership option for 2020.

instead of a 30% discount next year, you click 'give it to Marlion'

I'd click it

*smile* me. he's nearly won the NS on debut, and hes broke and renting a house for 10 people.

While Chris Scott draws probably $250K (after the paycut) to come up with *smile* rule change suggestions.

gee, the world is fair

Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Hopefully a club benefactor steps forward and helps out.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
find this a bit sad and strange... surely there's some coin floating around for him..?

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I just knew this would be happening to Marlion and it sucks. RFC hands are likely tied, but the AFL simply should not let this happen.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I just knew this would be happening to Marlion and it sucks. RFC hands are likely tied, but the AFL simply should not let this happen.

yeah I had a horrible feeling that Marlion would somehow be shortchanged too.

you think it'd be pretty easy to creatively account outside the cap if the AFL play heartlessball?

indigenous player development?

Kate Sheehan drops $300 worth of groceries around a week?

Dusty 'loans' him $50K cash?

Superstore sells some pickett pirouette merch with all proceeds to go to a special Covid hardship fund?

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I'm writing to the club to see if there is anything in play to assist, and if not, whether they would support a member driven crowdfunding campaign.

Reactions: 6 users