Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Agree with your looking over the shoulder choices along with keeping Caddy honest, i still think Cadd's an important player though and showed reasonable signs in his new role, (didn't he have the 2nd most intercepts for us on weekend?).

Yeah, be surprised if Caddy is in our best side mate.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Marlion is close.

If not this week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take up a defensive spot next week against the Coasters small forwards.

I have a gut feel that they have him ear marked for something.

No cigar this week

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Boy oh boy, spewin' I cant make the game this week but stoked both are being televised so I've got them set to tape. ;)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Marlion is close.

If not this week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take up a defensive spot next week against the Coasters small forwards.

I have a gut feel that they have him ear marked for something.
True but if we beat the blues and win well then we’ll have to drop guys who played well to fit in Cotchin dusty and Pickett.

The first two have premiership medals and brownlows.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Didn't do a lot today but what he did was good. Some nice extractions, missed a an easy shot, but the highlight was a beautiful centre clearance and lace out 40m laser. Don't think he's done enough yet, but... ya never know.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't do a lot today but what he did was good. Some nice extractions, missed a an easy shot, but the highlight was a beautiful centre clearance and lace out 40m laser. Don't think he's done enough yet, but... ya never know.

I watched some of this game on the TV and would have to agree. Wasn't busy, what he did was good. He did look a bit lost on the wide open spaces of the MCG but the experience will be good. 2 games in and the potential is there, I'm still thinking back up in 2019 but real chance in 2020 after an AFL pre-season.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
After yesterdays performance more chance me getting a game.
Miles away from senior footy.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I watched some of this game on the TV and would have to agree. Wasn't busy, what he did was good. He did look a bit lost on the wide open spaces of the MCG but the experience will be good. 2 games in and the potential is there, I'm still thinking back up in 2019 but real chance in 2020 after an AFL pre-season.

DS

Grounds in WA are generally very big, shouldnt be an issue

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We struggling to work out who to drop for Cotch and Dusty. Pickett is too far down the pecking order for this year seniors debut.

Reckon next year is his go.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
LOL he was played as a half back in the first half when the ball was mostly up the other end and still managed good touches.

The first goal come from his extraction out of a pack on the wing.

He run hard through the middle and almost kicked a goal then produced a sterling run and pass in the 2nd half.

He knows how to play and IMO should be given an opportunity before finals.

Then again, we have No Tackle Short and Scaredy Cat Ellis, we'll be right...

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Some quarters have suggested he didn't play well last weekend in the VFL cause he didn't get many possessions (15).
Firstly he got shuffled around a bit anyway cause of the early injury to DES.
However for mine the 'number of disposals' is a pretty silly argument anyway. Some players have the ability to hurt you more with less.
Marlion looks exactly that type of player to me. His touches are quality.
As a comparison Andrew McLeod only averaged 18 possessions over the course of his career but damn did he do some damage with them.
Personally after watching Marlion the last two games then I pick him for the senior team. He looks above VFL level IMO.
Could really strengthen our side coming into the business end. Give him a game against the Weagles.

Reactions: 9 users