Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Some quarters have suggested he didn't play well last weekend in the VFL cause he didn't get many possessions (15).
Firstly he got shuffled around a bit anyway cause of the early injury to DES.
However for mine the 'number of disposals' is a pretty silly argument anyway. Some players have the ability to hurt you more with less.
Marlion looks exactly that type of player to me. His touches are quality.
As a comparison Andrew McLeod only averaged 18 possessions over the course of his career but damn did he do some damage with them.
Personally after watching Marlion the last two games then I pick him for the senior team. He looks above VFL level IMO.
Could really strengthen our side coming into the business end. Give him a game against the Weagles.
:clap2

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Some good VFL players struggle at AFL level,take away their time & space they panic.Read Connor Menadue.

Some relish the lift in Tempo & perform at the level.I’m tipping Marlion is such a player.

Hope they pick him for Sunday, could be our wild card for September.He has all the motivation to succeed,just needs the opportunity.

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Some quarters have suggested he didn't play well last weekend in the VFL cause he didn't get many possessions (15).
However for mine the 'number of disposals' is a pretty silly argument anyway. Some players have the ability to hurt you more with less.
As a comparison Andrew McLeod only averaged 18 possessions over the course of his career but damn did he do some damage with them.
Personally after watching Marlion the last two games then I pick him for the senior team. He looks above VFL level IMO.
Could really strengthen our side coming into the business end. Give him a game against the Weagles.

We are not drafting Marlion at the age of 18 as Andrew Macleod was, we have drafted Marlion at the age of 27.

At this age Macleod was averaging 23 possesions.

Three VFL listed players had more possessions than Marlion

If we have lowered the bar for senior selection to glimpses of quality then Marlion should join the queue along with Balta, Menadue, Naish and Markov.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't believe he gets a game on the back of 2 vfl games.
Townsend should get a game to snap McGovern in half..

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019

There’s an old golf saying that goes as follows: They don’t draw pictures on score cards. Meaning it doesn’t matter how it got to the hole, as long as it got there.
Marlion looks very pretty but has simply not done enough. But he does look pretty not doing enough. I’d prefer giving a go to someone who doesn’t look pretty but does a lot. The question is who. Aarts and Townsend deserve a go but not sure there’s a position there for them. I’d personally bring in Moore for Chol. He’s better in the air and on the ground.
Not saying Marlion won’t get picked, but think many on here seduced by how smooth he moves.

Last edited:

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Was listening to Richo on 3aw tonight and as he was signing off he said
'I think we'll see Marlion Pickett in the next two weeks'
Reckon it's gonna happen.....:)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There’s an old golf saying that goes as follows: They don’t draw pictures on score cards. Meaning it doesn’t matter how it got to the hole, as long as it got there.
Marlion looks very pretty but has simply not done enough. But he does look pretty not doing enough. I’d prefer giving a go to someone who doesn’t look pretty but does a lot. The question is who. Aarts and Townsend deserve a go but not sure there’s a position there for them. I’d personally being in Moore for Chol. He’s better in the air and on the ground.
Not saying Marlion won’t get picked, but think many on here seduced by how smooth he moves.
Marlion hasn't done enough but you'd bring in Moore, who's played three quarters and had 8 touches, and play him second ruck, which he has done bugger all of?

Seduced by Pickett's obvious class and toughness. He'll be better surrounded by better players, you'll see.

Reactions: 4 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Marlion hasn't done enough but you'd bring in Moore, who's played three quarters and had 8 touches, and play him second ruck, which he has done bugger all of?

Seduced by Pickett's obvious class and toughness. He'll be better surrounded by better players, you'll see.

I was probably seduced by Moore’s 4 goals.
I’ve heard about Pickett’s toughness and seen some class but concede the coaches and playing group seem pretty keen so will dip my hat to their inside knowledge. But still reckon on face value, punters are getting a bit over excited. So far!!