Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This would have been the highest intensity game he's ever played. Once he adjusted to the pace of the game he was fantastic

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Lifted and needed to was fairly poor early in the match but lifted.

Cant ask for anymore than that.

Top 2nd half.

Both Marlion and Lambert lifted when we really needed someone to lift out of a handful.

These two did and they helped make the difference.

Geez he is a hard bastard.
as Dimma said, we don't rely on our champion players all the time, the others step up and play their role. They get it on and produce. None of this nonsense of flexy muscles after kicking a goal and doing mr universe (having no tan is even worst)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Wow. Pivotal. Just gets to contests, shuts em down when they think they have time and space. Amazing to watch. Fair few times last night when he deflated the crowd.

Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Better 2nd half but questionable when the heat is on. Seemed to be hearing footsteps which surprised me.

Last edited:

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Yep, I'm loathe to write it but he consistently smiles himself under the footy. Very out of sync with the way he plays the game in general but it's happened a lot of times in a short career.

I find it very hard to get past it to trust him to deliver in big moments to be honest.
Lethal Matthews was also far from impressed with Marlion’s few short step moments and stated he is no automatic selection for GF

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Not sure on that second half stood up.The problem is needs 4 qtr consistency not go missing in a half.Needs to cut the poor kicks to.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I noticed it too. Don't think he panics all the time just sometimes.

Gotta remember he has played less than 50 games at AFL level though, still getting experience.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Seems to be a lot better and harder when an opponent has the ball. Seems a bit slow and timid when he has it. Maybe over thinks it a bit when he has it and looks slow to dispose of the ball.

Certainly can't fault his defensive efforts though. Between him and KMac we probably the the two best defensive wingmen in the comp. Will both be important next week, will need to do a job on Duncan and Menegola

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Lethal Matthews was also far from impressed with Marlion’s few short step moments and stated he is no automatic selection for GF

Lethal has lost his marbles.

sheez, a bloke offers the toughest, most intense, tireless footy in a tied up prelim,

to will us into a GF,

and people are still knocking him.

he basically became Trent cotchin in the last quarter.

not coincidentally, it was the Marlion and Nank show that also dragged us into the VFL GF in '19 (Kane Lambert had a RDO)

ewes are legally blind

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
this is also the bloke that thought what Lynch did against the Saints was worth going in front of a magistrate ...
Lethal has turned into an idiot. Picketts unique, i love what he brings

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lethal has lost his marbles.

sheez, a bloke offers the toughest, most intense, tireless footy in a tied up prelim,

to will us into a GF,

and people are still knocking him.

he basically became Trent cotchin in the last quarter.

not coincidentally, it was the Marlion and Nank show that also dragged us into the VFL GF in '19 (Kane Lambert had a RDO)

ewes are legally blind
Watched the game again yesterday n I don't reckon his first half was anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. Nor do I think he took a short step as some are suggesting.
*smile* conditions all night, plenty of heat n pressure all game n I think he just tries to play a composed, safe, stay in the contest n don't let the oppo escape type of game during the first half. Only played twenty AFL games n not too many under that kind of intensity n conditions, gradually working himself into the game n simply kept getting better as he adjusted to it all.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yep, I'm loathe to write it but he consistently smiles himself under the footy. Very out of sync with the way he plays the game in general but it's happened a lot of times in a short career.

I find it very hard to get past it to trust him to deliver in big moments to be honest.
Delivering in a GF and a prelim not big enough?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users