Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
He played well when it counted on Friday night but he also stood under the ball early in the first, ducked his head, gave a half effort and let Port take it away.

If he did that in a big moment in a Grand Final it would suck the soul out of our side.
He played well when it counted on Friday night but he also stood under the ball early in the first, ducked his head, gave a half effort and let Port take it away.

If he did that in a big moment in a Grand Final it would suck the soul out of our side.
Definitely ducks. Said the same last week having noticed it more than once over preceding few weeks. Not suggesting he's soft but as you say, wouldn't want to see it in a big moment this Saturday.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Last year's Grand Final was against witches hats

this is the equal most flawed logic I've ever read on here.

actually, its outright most flawed.

Obviously not the craziest thing ever said. It wouldnt even make the top million.

But illogical?

I vote No.1

(just to pre-empt the reaction, this logic extrapolated, says Dustys Norm Smith was less worthy than Jason Johannison or Shaun Harts. so)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
this is the equal most flawed logic I've ever read on here.

actually, its outright most flawed.

Obviously not the craziest thing ever said. It wouldnt even make the top million.

But illogical?

I vote No.1

(just to pre-empt the reaction, this logic extrapolated, says Dustys Norm Smith was less worthy than Jason Johannison or Shaun Harts. so)
Well I'll accept that I guess.

When it comes to flawed logic you're the board guru.

Reactions: 1 user

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne

What a load of rubbish.

This a team that embraces imperfections, the whole premise of mindfulness is that you stay in the moment, its something they appear to work very hard on, so if you think the soul is going to get sucked out of this side because someone makes a mistake you haven't been watching very closely.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Marlion has had a couple of poor moments, but overall I'm very happy with how Fish is playing.
He's busting his arse to get to contests, which leads to turnovers. Some of his big tackles and hip and shoulders make opponents aware that he hurts people. This causes perceived pressure when they know he's coming.

I still get aroused (not sexually) thinking about his GF blind turn, it's one of the greatest things I've seen on the footy field. Would it be asking too much, to want to see another on Grand Final day.

PS, maybe I do get just a little tingle when thinking about that blind turn:cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
After attending a magnificent win in a crucible of hostile fire and fury, and witnessing marlion's game first hand, there are quite a few people on this thread who, when it comes to marlion pickett, have no idea what they are talking about. None. Its amazing to me, can't understand it, all I can think of to explain it is the broadcast must have focussed on a negative, the commentators are watching on telly right?

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's still only his second year in the system. Going OK. Ezy Jr is right.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
What a load of rubbish.

This a team that embraces imperfections, the whole premise of mindfulness is that you stay in the moment, its something they appear to work very hard on, so if you think the soul is going to get sucked out of this side because someone makes a mistake you haven't been watching very closely.

Spot on, not only is the post I hypothetical irrelevance, and wrong, there were multiple times Friday when marlion's come from the heavens shut down of space and pressure deflated the home crowd, they thought they were away, but they suddenly weren't, deflated em! Huge

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Geez. You'd think we were Essendon or #lolnorf. When has the soul been sucked out of our side in the last 4 years? And why didn't it suck any soul v Port? Pickett will probably knock Guthrie or Meirs out in the first 10 mins.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He probably will, toughness at the player isn't his issue, it's holding his nerve when the ball is sat on his head.

It's happened two or three times this year and happened again on Friday. Had it been 40 metres out with 90 seconds to go instead of early first quarter on centre wing then we could easily be the side taking consolation medicine tonight.

I'm not hanging him for it or suggesting anything more than he needs to steel himself to tidy it up, but it's a concern.
I don’t reckon it’s a ‘courage ‘ thing.
Reckon it’s a technique thing.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Trendy gimmicks like mindfulness come and go but the footy doesn't care about them. All the footy cares about is who commits themselves physically to it and commits to winning it.

That's what our side does more than anything and what makes us successful. He has to deliver it at all times, not just when he is the hunter.

It's alway amusing when someone on a computer questions the courage of an AFL footballer.

I thought we were talking about the soul being sucked from the team, not some weird idea about a piece of leather.

Marlion hasn't got to where he is now without being unbelievably courageous, and I can only imagine how much respect the team has for him. He sure has mine.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Lethal Matthews was also far from impressed with Marlion’s few short step moments and stated he is no automatic selection for GF
Fantastic. Hope someone tells Pickett this.
He runs out GF day and rips Geelong to pieces

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Will admit, doubted him at HT as felt he might be wilting under the pressure.

Hit back hard once got into the flow of the game. Will stay in.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne

If he did that in a big moment in a Grand Final it would suck the soul out of our side
He made a few mistakes early but did he get back into the saddle?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Need all our players firing on all cylinders next Saturday.
Pickett, Lambert and Castagna the three that we would want to have better all round games.
The former 2 players finished very strong and will gain confidence from that. Castagna is and always will be a wild card