Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just read the e-book version and it is a real eye opener. For a man from such a troubled past to have the strength of character to change his life the way he has is amazing. That he had two families helping him, his own close knit family group and the Tigers just adds to the transformation. His reward of a two year contract is well deserved and my guess he future on and off field is assured

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ve been a fence sitter with MP all year , I like him and think his played his role well, however I still have him bottom 6 and a role player not a match winner which is fine , 2021 should be the year he takes it up a notch, kicks goals , takes hangers , I’m not convinced one of the kid mids won’t take his spot over next season

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I’ve been a fence sitter with MP all year , I like him and think his played his role well, however I still have him bottom 6 and a role player not a match winner which is fine , 2021 should be the year he takes it up a notch, kicks goals , takes hangers , I’m not convinced one of the kid mids won’t take his spot over next season

I see it going the other way mr.b.

I think cotchy will step out of the guts and marlion will go in.

And i reckon Dow may graduate onto marlions wing?

But i reckon Dave, notorius, broady, shorty, vlas and them will be lobbying pretty hard for marlion to stay on his wing

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He has started to make the wing his own. With a full pre-season, a normal season and security from a 2 year contract, I am hoping he takes off from here and gains consistency as that would be my main knock on him.

Less than 50 games, consistency is something you get from experience.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Did I hear the other day Marlion was a WA Cross Country champ? I think K-mac might have been too?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He has started to make the wing his own. With a full pre-season, a normal season and security from a 2 year contract, I am hoping he takes off from here and gains consistency as that would be my main knock on him.

DS

Agreed. I think we’ve only just scratched the surface with Marlion.

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I just watched the GF again.

Reckon Marlion got dudded by the ump over that 50m penalty in the last. Take a look at where the free occurred and you'll see it was about 2 - 3m inside the 50m arc.

Marlion stood on the 50m line and then jumped forward as Dahlhous kicked. No way he went over. Ump just got it wrong.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Has anyone read Marlion's book?

Just finished it. Must admit I had low expectations, but I think it is a wonderful story and I couldn't put it down. Provides a lot more insight into Marlion's life than the TV stories such as Australian Story.

Truly remarkable that he has made it this far. I have even more respect and affection for him and his family.

Based on his career at South Fremantle, I have a feeling he is going to go up a level next year.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Has anyone read Marlion's book?

Just finished it. Must admit I had low expectations, but I think it is a wonderful story and I couldn't put it down. Provides a lot more insight into Marlion's life than the TV stories such as Australian Story.

Truly remarkable that he has made it this far. I have even more respect and affection for him and his family.

Based on his career at South Fremantle, I have a feeling he is going to go up a level next year.
A great read isn't it? A lesson to all on how you can change your life around if you want to. Hopefully our Syd will read the book and follow Marlion's lead

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

DS

The club clearly has faith. $500k per season for the next two years suggests this.

We also play very defensively with our wingman. Marlion was always going to take time to get used to that.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I get the impression not many have it read the book yet.

I really encourage everyone to get a copy. It is a fantastic/tragic/inspiring story both for richmond and all football fans.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The club clearly has faith. $500k per season for the next two years suggests this.

We also play very defensively with our wingman. Marlion was always going to take time to get used to that.
I find that $500k x 2 year contract extension very hard to believe, Cannot for the life of me see how we can pay that sort of money to a player thats played 20 games.

I call that BS $300k a year at most and the book deal would have made him $200k+ which he wouldnt have made if he left Richmond with Tiger fans buying probably 10k-15k books

Reactions: 6 users

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
This kids is underrated. He was one of our better players in the 2020 GF. Massive upside. Only two seasons under elite programs.

Will be massive next year. Will be a superstar!

RFC a bunch of blue collar players in a good system with a dusty on top!

Bollocks!

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I find that $500k x 2 year contract extension very hard to believe, Cannot for the life of me see how we can pay that sort of money to a player thats played 20 games.

I call that BS $300k a year at most and the book deal would have made him $200k+ which he wouldnt have made if he left Richmond with Tiger fans buying probably 10k-15k books

I am going by what was reported in the West Australian. It seems a lot to me, but that is what they have reported. If it is true, then it is a massive show of faith.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I used to work at the WA (I admit... a long time ago!) but knowing how they work in there I would say it is just a guess.

You know one of those "well that was our intel at the time" ones.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I reckon you bring out another video.
2 premierships in 20 games theme.

-Have his finals highlights 2020
-Have his GF packaged in the video.
-Interview with his past coaches.
-Interview with all his Richmond coaches
-All his team mates. A snipett.
-I know he is a little shy but all the interviews he has done plus add another one since this GF win.
-His family talking about him.
-His kids

I would buy something like this if nearly 90% of the proceeds went to him.
I always wonder what "proceeds" means exactly. See it in a lot of fundraisers. Definitely isn't sales but the promoter hopes you think it is. Might even be less than the profit.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A great read isn't it? A lesson to all on how you can change your life around if you want to. Hopefully our Syd will read the book and follow Marlion's lead

Its a long road back from buckets of kfc and illegal kebabs

Reactions: 1 user